Chocolate Fondant/rolled Bc/clay???

Baking By lesalia17 Updated 2 May 2008 , 1:46pm by marthajo1

lesalia17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lesalia17 Posted 1 May 2008 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 4

Hi

I have a bride that wants a chocolate wedding cake, with the smooth fondant look. I have been looking at recipes to try, but the more I look, the more unsure I am. I have gotten a recipe for choco MMF, choco RBC, and Chocolate clay. I don't have all the resources to keep trying these recipes, so I was hoping to get some information on the pros/cons of covering my cake with any of these methods. can you even cover a cake in chocolate clay?

3 replies
marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 1 May 2008 , 4:50pm
post #2 of 4

I covered my purse cake in 50/50 chocolate clay/ fondant (Toba's). It was very yummy.

I just made chocolate mmf. I do not like the texture of it though. It is really gummy. But I don't know if all MMF is like that or if it will be better tomorrow.....?

I actually came on here to look for a recipe for real fondant that is chocolate so I hope you get some better responses than me! icon_lol.gif

lesalia17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lesalia17 Posted 2 May 2008 , 1:11pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the info.

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 2 May 2008 , 1:46pm
post #4 of 4

Hi I found one that tastes good. I t is really, really rich. I will be trying to use it today and will let you know how it goes. It was this recipe posted by thecakewizrd.....

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2105-CHOCOLATE-ROLLED-FONDANT.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%