Did I Start Too Early?

Decorating By skittles2120 Updated 2 May 2008 , 6:44pm by Edit

skittles2120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skittles2120 Posted 1 May 2008 , 12:30pm
post #1 of 4

I have my first wedding cake order for this Saturday. It's a 10" stacked on a 12" and then a pillared 6" with 2 heart cakes on both sides of the tiered cake. I started baking the cakes Tuesday night and finished last night. (It's Thursday today.) Did I start baking too early. I was going to make all the frosting tonight and work on some other orders for this weekend and then tomorrow since I have the day off I was going to decorate and stack them. Is that okay? I have each layer wrapped in saran wrap and then in aluminum foil and in the fridge. If I frost them tomorrow can I just put them back in the fridge, not covered until delivery Saturday afternoon?

THANKS SO MUCH!

3 replies
cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 1 May 2008 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 4

You didn't start too soon. Your plan seems just fine. Good luck!

skittles2120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skittles2120 Posted 2 May 2008 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 4

If delivery is tomorrow around 1:30 for this wedding, if I decorate and stack the cakes today do they need to be in the fridge til delivery? They are just white and chocolate cake w/buttercream?

Thanks!

Edit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edit Posted 2 May 2008 , 6:44pm
post #4 of 4

If your buttercream is not meringue based, it should be fine out of the fridge too. Make sure it's not too warm where the cakes are kept, though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%