Cc Throwdown #3 Has Now Began!!!

Decorating By Teekakes Updated 8 Jun 2008 , 5:06am by tonedna

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 3 May 2008 , 11:19am
post #181 of 1405

That was just a typo Grace icon_smile.gif .. It's Saturday when the pictures are turned in icon_smile.gif

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 3 May 2008 , 11:45am
post #182 of 1405

Good Morning competitors and spectators.. Time to turn those mixers on and get to work. The clock is ticking and I know for a fact that some of you are procrastinating... tsk tsk We are all anxiously awaiting judgement day so we can see those lovely cakes... judge.gif

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 3 May 2008 , 12:40pm
post #183 of 1405

tonedna......................nope believe me I wanted to but held strong on my convictions. icon_redface.gif It was hard too a week of no cakes and this was for a party of 150. Wish you lived closer I could of passed it over to you. icon_biggrin.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 3 May 2008 , 1:02pm
post #184 of 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

I love the part where you say you going to walk with and L on your forehead!... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
That after Christi spent a few days with a boot up her ass! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif
ok...I think had a good laugh after my dancing night..!

lol It does make decorating more difficult. icon_lol.gif

Hey, I edited this post last night, but it didn't go through! I added that it was difficult for both: trying to decorate with one hand and also when having a boot up your butt. Poor Christi won't be able to sit for a long time! icon_lol.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 3 May 2008 , 1:03pm
post #185 of 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

That was just a typo Grace icon_smile.gif .. It's Saturday when the pictures are turned in icon_smile.gif

Thanks! I got a little nervous - not that I anticipate waiting until the last minute, but I want to make sure I understand the time frame correctly. thumbs_up.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 3 May 2008 , 3:54pm
post #186 of 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by debster

tonedna......................nope believe me I wanted to but held strong on my convictions. icon_redface.gif It was hard too a week of no cakes and this was for a party of 150. Wish you lived closer I could of passed it over to you. icon_biggrin.gif

I love my Vacation week!!!! icon_biggrin.gif ....I been working too hard icon_redface.gif I tried to help Christi with the boot but she finally took the boot out of her ass and did a great job on it..I am so proud of you Christi!..I would be scared of you in a throwdown now! icon_redface.gif
{{{{{{{huuugss}}}}}} icon_wink.gif

Batter-UpBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Batter-UpBakery Posted 3 May 2008 , 4:28pm
post #187 of 1405

Oh wow I leave you alone for a night and this is what I come back to lmao, sounds like everyone was having a blast last night. Cant wait to see all the cakes hehe

Batter-UpBakery Posted 3 May 2008 , 4:48pm
post #188 of 1405

Well, Kayla if i could get my new pics to load you could check them out to see if I would be a good challanger for you. I would like to do one also but Im not sure who to pick hehe icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

tonedna Posted 3 May 2008 , 7:35pm
post #189 of 1405

I would say look at somebodys work and see if you are at the same level..Like me and Laura! icon_biggrin.gif

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 3 May 2008 , 8:00pm
post #190 of 1405

Hey Couturiere come out, come out where ever you are...........? I honestly am going wup you in this throwdown! If you even dream of beating me in this then you'd better wake up and apologize to me!

She turns away from the line of reporters, microphones and popping flash bulbs and yells to the adoring fans over her shoulder, âGonna get in the ring and practice making my lace now with my expert trainers from England. I'll see you at the next Press Conference and see if you can dig up the scaredy cat Couturiere!â

Batter-UpBakery Posted 3 May 2008 , 8:20pm
post #191 of 1405

lol yea, i guess that would be a good idea huh Edna. I might check some photos out later.

CakesByLJ Posted 3 May 2008 , 8:23pm
post #192 of 1405
Quote:

I would say look at somebodys work and see if you are at the same level..Like me and Laura! icon_biggrin.gif

You are too kind my dear Edna... icon_redface.gif Truth be known.. I am honored to be competing with such talent.. *bowing to my honorable opponent* icon_smile.gif

tiptop57 Posted 3 May 2008 , 8:45pm
post #193 of 1405

Muhammad Ali said, "When you are as great as I am it is hard to be humble." I say Ditto! Even the other throwdown team taking on the Mother's Day theme knows when the champ is in the room don't take her on!

Hey Tonedna and CakesByLJ are you afraid to give me some spot light? Ya think I might steal your thunder, well I will you know, as Ali said, " I'm not the greatest; I'm the double greatest. Not only do I knock 'em out, I pick the round."

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 3 May 2008 , 8:46pm
post #194 of 1405

Hey, that reminds me, anybody know where Marthajo1's been hiding out lately? If she's already thrown herself so deeply into her cake this early in the competition.......well, then.........so should I!

Gotta run now! lol

I know I'll probably get a whoopin, but it doesn't need to be too bad, right! Gotta go work on some baking and embellishments!

Da dum..da dum......

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 3 May 2008 , 8:47pm
post #195 of 1405

duplicate post

CakesByLJ Posted 3 May 2008 , 9:17pm
post #196 of 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptop57

Muhammad Ali said, "When you are as great as I am it is hard to be humble." I say Ditto! Even the other throwdown team taking on the Mother's Day theme knows when the champ is in the room don't take her on!

Hey Tonedna and CakesByLJ are you afraid to give me some spot light? Ya think I might steal your thunder, well I will you know, as Ali said, " I'm not the greatest; I'm the double greatest. Not only do I knock 'em out, I pick the round."

*respectfully backing up quietly to give tiptop57 the limelight* icon_wink.gif I think your opponent must be having a panic attack tiptop.. she has "flown the coop".. icon_eek.gif "missing in action".. icon_surprised.gif or maybe, planning a "sneak attack" icon_razz.gif

tonedna Posted 3 May 2008 , 9:19pm
post #197 of 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ

Quote:

You are too kind my dear Edna... icon_redface.gif Truth be known.. I am honored to be competing with such talent.. *bowing to my honorable opponent* icon_smile.gif

Dont be scared by quantity of work...just by quality! icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 3 May 2008 , 9:20pm
post #198 of 1405

[quote="CakesByLJ"]

Quote:

*respectfully backing up quietly to give tiptop57 the limelight* icon_wink.gif I think your opponent must be having a panic attack tiptop.. she has "flown the coop".. icon_eek.gif "missing in action".. icon_surprised.gif or maybe, planning a "sneak attack" icon_razz.gif[/quote

I think she is scared too!...I would be too! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

tonedna Posted 3 May 2008 , 9:23pm
post #199 of 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ

Quote:

*respectfully backing up quietly to give tiptop57 the limelight* icon_wink.gif I think your opponent must be having a panic attack tiptop.. she has "flown the coop".. icon_eek.gif "missing in action".. icon_surprised.gif or maybe, planning a "sneak attack" icon_razz.gif

Oh I didnt read well what tip top wrote..lol...I do wanna see what you got under your wing! icon_twisted.gif ...lol

lorijom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorijom Posted 4 May 2008 , 3:54am
post #200 of 1405

Wow...quiet around here...everybody must be recuperating from their busy week....except on vacation Edna, who's recuperating from her night on the town icon_biggrin.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 4 May 2008 , 4:02am
post #201 of 1405

Nope, Lori, I actually have my TD cake for my top tier in the oven at this very moment! icon_biggrin.gif

Batter-UpBakery Posted 4 May 2008 , 4:04am
post #202 of 1405

What is your theme Grace? I forgot lol icon_lol.gif

Batter-UpBakery Posted 4 May 2008 , 4:20am
post #203 of 1405

Ok, so i have been looking through photos trying to find someone to challenge. My problem is while I can work with fondant, the only flowers I can make are ribbon roses, and i cant seem to make bc flowers. I think I need to master the flower problem before i try a challege. oh well hehe guess i will just sit back and watch.

lorijom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorijom Posted 4 May 2008 , 4:40am
post #204 of 1405

Grace I am fully impressed icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif It's only the 3rd and you are already rocking on your cake. Way to go Grace....**doing the wave with 2 dogs and a cat** Three cheers for Grace...

now what is your competitor up to - probably sneaking around trying to peek into your kitchen detective.gif

tiptop57 Posted 4 May 2008 , 5:22am
post #205 of 1405

Lorijom wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

Wow...quiet around here...everybody must be recuperating from their busy week....except on vacation Edna, who's recuperating from her night on the town

Ah geez whatcha mean quiet, I sang and song, had a press conference, scolded my competitor for not showing up to the thread, and bad talked two other teams on this thread all while working away in my studio on my fantastic creation. Because, winning is everything. The only ones who remember you when you come second is your husband and your dog!

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 4 May 2008 , 5:36am
post #206 of 1405

LOL

You crack me up tiptop57

a little cheer for all that are competing

Go Flour
Go Butter
Lets stir it all together
and rise it in the oven

A cake A cake
Thats what were all gonna eat
Frosting, Fondant, and Sprinkles
we'll all have a seat

Can't wait to see the final
The win or loss won't defeat
All those who try
just can't be beat

GOOOOOOOOOO Cake central Throwdown !!!

LOL HAVE A GREATTT DAY!

tonedna Posted 4 May 2008 , 6:03am
post #207 of 1405

LMAO Nikki...

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 4 May 2008 , 6:21am
post #208 of 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyhitman18

What is your theme Grace? I forgot lol icon_lol.gif

Martha and I are doing an Ocean Theme. C'mon, don't you remember my vivid image of a bull shark rising up from the dark Atlantic Ocean off the coast of NJ with his sites set on a young naked man frolicing in the waves?! icon_lol.gif

And just keep practicing, you'll get those flowers down in no time and be ready to participate by July's TD! I've got faith in you. Then again you said you could do rolled roses........why not just stick with what ya know, unless you really want to challenge yourself that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorijam

Grace I am fully impressed It's only the 3rd and you are already rocking on your cake. Way to go Grace....**doing the wave with 2 dogs and a cat** Three cheers for Grace...

now what is your competitor up to - probably sneaking around trying to peek into your kitchen

Thank you. {takes deep bow three times then waves to adoring fans: one human, two dogs and one cat} lol

Yeah, I figured tomorrow I'll be attending my first NJ Cake Club meeting and with all the kid's baseball and softball games and practices, etc. plus some other cakes I have planned, I'd better get my butt in motion. So I now have all my cakes baked and into the freezer they are going. Hopefully tomorrow I can begin work on my fondant and from here out that's all I'm saying. Never know if you're right and Martha is stirring about. icon_lol.gif

Hmmm, maybe Martha is still deciding what to do. Not me, I've got a plan! And it's in the works. In the pipeline. Right on schedule! lol

Okay, I think I need some sleep.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 4 May 2008 , 6:23am
post #209 of 1405
Quote:

Lorijom wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wow...quiet around here...everybody must be recuperating from their busy week....except on vacation Edna, who's recuperating from her night on the town

Ah geez whatcha mean quiet, I sang and song, had a press conference, scolded my competitor for not showing up to the thread, and bad talked two other teams on this thread all while working away in my studio on my fantastic creation. Because, winning is everything. The only ones who remember you when you come second is your husband and your dog!

And you even had time to answer another post from a competitor in need! icon_biggrin.gif

CakesByLJ Posted 4 May 2008 , 3:16pm
post #210 of 1405

Love that cheer Nikki~! rah rah Grace.. you go girl icon_smile.gif take the bull by the horn (bull shark, that is) and run to the finish line... thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%