Five Scoop Ice Cream Shaped Cake

Decorating By sofine Updated 7 May 2008 , 10:26pm by sofine

sofine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sofine Posted 1 May 2008 , 10:48am
post #1 of 5

I have a new customer who would like a cake that is shaped into an ice cream cone with 5 scoops for their daughter's fifth birthday. They will be feeding no more than 30 people. I am newer to cake decorating (I also live overseas so I am limited as far as supplies) so I was wanting to see if anyone had any ideas that I could use?

4 replies
Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 1 May 2008 , 11:07am
post #2 of 5

I don't but here's a bump I hope someone can help I'm not sure what supplies are available to you and if you or wanting a 3D cake or just a flat cake in which a ice cream cone with scoops could be carved out of a sheet cake

Molly2

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 1 May 2008 , 11:10am
post #3 of 5

you could also make a round cake with Ice cream and cones sticking out of the side of the cake kind of around it google "Pictures of Ice Cream cone cakes" and you should get some pretty good ideas

Molly2

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 1 May 2008 , 11:14am
post #4 of 5

seems like that would be a little tall if you were to do it standing up. Maybe you could do it like a half cone so that it can be laying flat. Does that make sense?

Otherwise I have done 2 banana split cakes like this: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1183871

That could be an alternative. There are several similar icecream sundae cakes in the gallery.

sofine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sofine Posted 7 May 2008 , 10:26pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you guys. Considering the biggest cake board and box I have only fits a 12 x 18, I don't think the cake would look good with that many scoops. I have spoken with the mom and she was very specific that they wanted it in the shape of an ice cream cone. She also decided to go with the two scoops and said that the example I showed her looked exactly like the invitation she had but that the flavors were reversed. So two scoops it is! But thanks for the neat ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%