Cheesecake - How Far Ahead

Decorating By drgaddy Updated 2 May 2008 , 3:14pm by drgaddy

drgaddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drgaddy Posted 1 May 2008 , 7:16am
post #1 of 10

can you make it without freezing?

The actual question would be: I made a blackberry/white chocolate cheesecake last night. It is for Saturday. Did I make it too eary? Is it going to be fine in the fridge until then? I don't want some funky taste cheesecake icon_redface.gif

Thank you for your help!

9 replies
drgaddy Posted 1 May 2008 , 10:44am
post #2 of 10

Anyone? PPPPPPPLLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEE...

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 1 May 2008 , 1:32pm
post #3 of 10

Cheesecake will last up to a week in the fridge if covered well. You did not make it too early. It usually takes a good 24-48 hours before the cheesecake seasons and is ready to cut and have the best flavor.

drgaddy Posted 1 May 2008 , 5:03pm
post #4 of 10

I just came home from work and of course, CC was the first thing on my mind. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your reply! You made my day!Just one more question - is it enough for it to be in the cake carrier, or does it have to be wrapped? Thanks again!

drgaddy Posted 1 May 2008 , 8:07pm
post #5 of 10

If anyone can answer my question, I would really appreciate it . Thank you!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 2 May 2008 , 12:53am
post #6 of 10

Sorry, I just got home from work otherwise I would have answered you sooner. If the cheesecake is unmolded from the springpan it needs to be wrapped completely and well. If unmolded just saran wrap the top.

drgaddy Posted 2 May 2008 , 5:48am
post #7 of 10

It is good morning here...I assume you are sound asleep now...but still, just wanted to say Thank you again, mkolmar, for taking the time to help me! Cheesecakes are not something I am very familiar with (except for the eating part icon_lol.gif ).

bigmama1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigmama1961 Posted 2 May 2008 , 6:20am
post #8 of 10

yes it will be ok just put in box and wrap with plastic wrap so smells wont get in it....it will taste better sat. it will have time to get all the flavors to age...dont pantic your ok. hope i help

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 2 May 2008 , 9:12am
post #9 of 10

Just a note, cheesecakes freeze very well. Wrap with plastic wrap well, and they can stay up to six months.

Mike

drgaddy Posted 2 May 2008 , 3:14pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks guys for your replies! For some reason, I did not get the e-mail for your replies, the last one was this morning icon_surprised.gif so I did not know you replied icon_cry.gif

I will not panic any more icon_lol.gif

Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%