I'm Not Sure About My Comp Name

Business By pinklesley1 Updated 1 May 2008 , 9:38pm by pinklesley1

pinklesley1 Posted 1 May 2008 , 6:47am
post #1 of 14

I originally wanted something that was kind of synonomous with the fact that i am in Florida... so i though .. Oranges, and couldnt see the fitting in with cakes... then i thought well i could mirror Charm City and use the state name... so i picked Sunshine State Cakes, and kind of ran with it... now i want to make it into a corporation... become legal, because we are starting to take off....

So here'e my dilema... do i really like the name?
Its a mouthful, but im sunny, and i would deliver anywhere in the state of florida (for a fee), but i wanted something that kinda shows how hip, modern, contemporary and colorful our cakes are...

Any ideas?

p.s. i love this site... it is a new addiction. icon_smile.gif

13 replies
GeminiRJ Posted 1 May 2008 , 11:59am
post #2 of 14

What about just "Sunshine Cakes"? I tend to like shorter names, only because I remember them better. Good luck with your business!

Susan

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 1 May 2008 , 12:12pm
post #3 of 14

I too like Sunshine Cakes. It just sounds better to me.

lovetofrost Posted 1 May 2008 , 12:17pm
post #4 of 14

or Sunshine Cake Co.

notjustcake Posted 1 May 2008 , 12:19pm
post #5 of 14

I have read online somewhere tips on finding a name for a bakery or business I guess.
*Short & sweet is best
*Unique of course
*easy to spell
and don't make it geographical
in case you have to move your business name sunshine state may be true about some states but necessarly a good thing let's say in Texas parts of Texas is know for their horrible hot months.
Well just some tips I read once hope it helps.
I do like Sunshine Cakes too

Lemonydoodles Posted 1 May 2008 , 12:45pm
post #6 of 14

I like Sunshine Cakes as well. Sunshine State Cakes while it is very cute, is quite a mouth full...I always think of how I would answer the phone w/ that name in it, for example...."Sunshine State Cakes can I help you?".....that's alot. Good luck icon_smile.gif

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 1 May 2008 , 2:07pm
post #7 of 14

Sunshine Cakes brings to mind...bright, happy, yellow, sunny, warm, friendly, trustworthy, wholesome, morals.

Ok. I'll stop now.....

cakeryluv Posted 1 May 2008 , 2:38pm
post #8 of 14

I see there is a Sunshine State Cakes out of FL already (if you check the website name, you'll see it). I like Sunshine Cakes, but the only potential problem I see would be a website name, if you plan on having one because there is a sunshinecakes.com out there.

pinklesley1 Posted 1 May 2008 , 8:58pm
post #9 of 14

well i already have a website. sunshinestatecakes.com
and i liked sunshine cakes but thats taken... any other ideas? thanks for all the idea... wow.. you guys are awesome

grama_j Posted 1 May 2008 , 9:11pm
post #10 of 14

How about SUNNY DELIGHTS? AWWW..... I guess that is already taken..... icon_wink.gif

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 1 May 2008 , 9:17pm
post #11 of 14

What do you think of when you present a customer with an AWESOME DELECTABLE creation from your kitchen?

cakeryluv Posted 1 May 2008 , 9:23pm
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklesley1

well i already have a website. sunshinestatecakes.com
and i liked sunshine cakes but thats taken... any other ideas? thanks for all the idea... wow.. you guys are awesome

Oh, so it's your website! It's very cute. I've actually been mulling this over for a while, and the more I think about it, the more I like it. It's not really that long, it totally conveys your message. Anyone can be Sunshine Cakes, as the sun shines almost everywhere (except here lately, but that's another story icon_biggrin.gif ) Anyway, I think Sunshine State Cakes is ok, as long as you don't plan on moving out of the state. icon_smile.gif

daisy114 Posted 1 May 2008 , 9:23pm
post #13 of 14

I like Sunshine State Cakes! And you already have the domain for it....

pinklesley1 Posted 1 May 2008 , 9:38pm
post #14 of 14

Ok so then i will stick to it.. Sunshine State Cakes it is... i want to epand and make an umbrella corp in the future, bc i have friends that are caterers, retal co, planners and photographers... and i was thinking of maybe using Sunshins State Parties

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%