Inspiration Help...

Decorating By cakesbyjen Updated 2 May 2008 , 1:51am by kakeladi

cakesbyjen Posted 1 May 2008 , 4:00am
post #1 of 3

i've never competed in a cake decoration comp. before, but i've found one close and it's in january so i have time to plan...

the problem is i don't know where to start! the theme is "black and white" and it sounds like they don't necessarily want the whole thing without color, but i'd like to do something stunning that everything is in black and white except for a few very bright red flowers, or fabric, or something...

my question is where does everyone else go for inspiration? any help is appreciated!!!

2 replies
crystalina1977 Posted 1 May 2008 , 4:27pm
post #2 of 3

Have you looked through the galleries? There are tons of cakes there that will inspire you! For me the first thing I thought of when you said black and white was photographs. If you iced or covered the cake in a very bright color, say hot pink or red, and then decorated with black and white photographs that could be visually stunning, and probably pretty unique. Of course, the photos could be of anything. I used black and white edible images on a cake (in my photos) and they are very easy to use.
But definitely look through the galleries for tons more ideas.
Crissy usaribbon.gif

kakeladi Posted 2 May 2008 , 1:51am
post #3 of 3

With plenty of time to practice I definately agree to start by going thur the galleries. Find 3 or 4 you *really* like, print them out and pin them up where you will be seeing them all the time. Stare at them!
Decide what you LOVE about each one; decide what you don't like much or think you could *never* learn how to do. Put together 3 or 4 elements of these cakes so youcome up w/your own design icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%