My Lucky Appliance Year!

Decorating By StephW Updated 1 May 2008 , 5:07pm by StephW

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 1 May 2008 , 1:58am
post #1 of 5

This year has been very challenging personally so far and I am certainly hoping that things turn around very soon.

However, as far as my appliances go I have done very, very well. It started out when I finally found a 6 qt. KA mixer in a color I like for $250. I got that just before Easter.

Then, I found the exact chocolate tempering machine that I have been looking for on ebay. It is 2 years old and can temper up to 6 pounds of chocolate at a time. It costs about $800 new and I got it for $400! It just came yesterday but I haven't had a chance to play with it... yet!

And then around 5 tonight, hubby called me at work telling me how the fridge is having major issues and we need to get a new one. I have wanted a new one for several years now, but hubby wouldn't budge. So I got home as fast as I could before he could change his mind!! I fully expected him to give me a hard time about getting a nice fridge, but we saw one of the french door models (Amana) with pull-out, adjustable shelves, ice maker, water dispenser inside the fridge... very reasonably priced... and he did not argue at all!

Then the biggest shocker of all was that he even went ahead and bought a new KA dish washer tonight too!! We have been talking about getting a new one for a couple of years as the one we have is pretty crappy, but he kept putting it off! They both get delivered on Friday.

I am so damn excited!! It's been ages since I got a new appliance and I have gotten 4 in the past 5 weeks! I feel like a little kid at christmas!!!

4 replies
beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 1 May 2008 , 2:03am
post #2 of 5

Wow!! Congratulations!! I wish all mine would die! LOL I think I've been eyeing that same fridge!

StephW Posted 1 May 2008 , 3:09am
post #3 of 5

Thanks beachcakes!! I will do my best to send the appliance gremlins your way to give you a hand! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

USMC_SGTs_Lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
USMC_SGTs_Lady Posted 1 May 2008 , 3:52pm
post #4 of 5

Wow congrats on the new appliances!
That is quite exciting to get so many new ones in a short period of time....
I envy that you have a dishwasher.....We want one, but don't have any room what-so-ever for one......

StephW Posted 1 May 2008 , 5:07pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC_SGTs_Lady

Wow congrats on the new appliances!
That is quite exciting to get so many new ones in a short period of time....
I envy that you have a dishwasher.....We want one, but don't have any room what-so-ever for one......

Thank you! It is exciting... I am feeling like such a geek for being so excited about appliances... but I am what I am... hahaha. Sorry you don't have room for a dish washer. We never had one growing up, but the house had one when we bought it. Took me a while to even use it, but now I would really miss it if I didn't have one! And hubby should love this new one - the salesman said that KA tells you NOT to rinse the dishes before you put them in or you could lose enamel from the plates. Well he never rinses... and of course I complain that he doesn't. We will see how well the KA cleans now!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%