Super Enhanced Cake Formula Disaster! Make-Over Rebound

Decorating By cocobean Updated 1 May 2008 , 3:15am by JanH

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:24pm
post #1 of 2

I made the Super Enhanced Cake Formula today and had my cake turn out like a bundt cake. I mean totally sunken in the middle. I thought I'd be able to torte the cake in half and salvage the bottom half. Then I thought that I would make the same cake again and do the same thing. In the end would end up with one good cake the size that I needed. Well the second time of making the cake I didn't have any eggs. So I decided to use powdered eggs. Also I didn't have more than 1/4 cup sour cream out of the 2 cups that I needed so I used plain yogurt for the rest and I didn't have quite enough so I added about 1/2 cup of buttermilk. The cake will be done in about 5 minutes and GO FIGURE, the cake is not sinking at all!!! The difference of the powdered eggs, plain yogurt and buttermilk have made the cake not sink??? icon_cool.gif I can't wait to take it out and make sure. The last one sunk in the oven the last 20 minutes of baking it! If this one doesn't sink it could be my new favorite recipe since it calls for a lb. of butter (ingredients similar to WASC-with 2 cake mixes- except for the butter and some heavy cream) and tastes so great! Stay tuned... thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif O.K. I've actually taken it out of the oven and it has not fallen in the middle. Now we'll see if I can get it out of the pan in a few minutes...

1 reply
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 1 May 2008 , 3:15am
post #2 of 2

Hope it works out for you. icon_smile.gif

cocobean's adventure with the first go at the SECM recipe:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-584944-.html

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%