Gold Cake Recipe....

Baking By louie750 Updated 4 May 2008 , 4:04am by Shamitha

louie750 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:12pm
post #1 of 6

Has anyone tried the gold cake recipe that was recently featured a few days ago? I don't know if I did something wrong, but I followed the recipe to the T and it came out so thick it was like a drop cookie recipe and it made so little batter I hardly had enough to cover the bottom of my pans. Has anyone else had the same problem?

5 replies
louie750 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:14pm
post #2 of 6

Here is the recipe:

125g butter
1 cup sugar
4 egg yolks (lightly beaten)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup milk
2 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder

Also it seemed to have too much baking soda cause it did that rise than dropped thing, and had a bad aftertaste.

KASCARLETT Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:44pm
post #3 of 6

That recipe calls for baking powder, did you use baking soda? That could be the problem if you did. I made a recipe one time that had both in them, but I used more soda than was called for and had to throw the entire thing out!

Shamitha Posted 1 May 2008 , 12:08pm
post #4 of 6

That's my recipe. It calls for baking powder, not soda.It's a delicious cake. You need to try it again with the baking powder. icon_smile.gif

louie750 Posted 3 May 2008 , 10:49pm
post #5 of 6

sorry, meant to say baking powder, I didn't use soda. Either way, it came out so thick...so I was just making sure I had the proportions right. I also wasn't too sure about the butter, 125g is that about 9 Tbs? 8tbs is a stick and I looked and it said 113g so I'm assuming it would be about 9 then, I am I wrong?
Thanks!

Shamitha Posted 4 May 2008 , 4:04am
post #6 of 6

I don't know what you did wrong.I always use this recipe to use up extra egg yolks & never had any problems.I got this recipe from the treasured recipe website & it's delicious.I can't help you with the proportions. I'm not in the U.S.. I simply followed the recipe to the T with excellent results. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%