Calla Lily Template...

Decorating By Cg24 Updated 1 May 2008 , 2:03pm by Cg24

Cg24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cg24 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:05pm
post #1 of 7

Hello!!

Who has a Calla lily template for Gumpaste Calla lily flowers who wants to share?

Please help me with this, I really have no idea how to make them, some people told me to use a template, other people told me to use a Calla lily flower cutter.... soooo I don't know what to do.

Thank you

6 replies
cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 1 May 2008 , 12:00am
post #2 of 7

Callas lillies I use ice cream sugar cones covered with press n seal to shape and dry them to shape a lilly I just use a heart shaped cutter use the top of the heart for the bottom of the lilly and wrap into a cone shape put it on the sugar cone and flip the edges up might take a few times while they are drying. Make your centers and when all dried dip the centers in white melted chocolate to attach.

Cg24 Posted 1 May 2008 , 12:25am
post #3 of 7

Thank you cakesondemand for your help...

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 1 May 2008 , 12:38am
post #4 of 7

I have the cutters but the heart cutters would work. I always wire my Calla's so I make the center bit ( am having a blank moment, can't remember what it is called) using yellow sugarpaste/gumpaste & wet slightly with vodka, dip it in corn meal colored a light orange, wait a day for them to dry & then make my lily around that.

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 1 May 2008 , 1:27am
post #5 of 7

had that blank moment too can't remember the centers name just depends how I'm using the callas weather I use the wires.

Cg24 Posted 1 May 2008 , 2:02pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks you all for your help, it really help me a lot.

Cg24 Posted 1 May 2008 , 2:03pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks you all for your help, that really help me a lot.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%