Oreo's In Cake

Decorating By MacsMom Updated 6 May 2008 , 5:42pm by Marysmom

MacsMom Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 10:33pm
post #1 of 30

I know I ask a lot of really lame questions, but has anyone baked crushed up Oreo's mixed in cake?

I want to do this for a customer, but I don't want to waste cake if it comes out weird.

29 replies
TheButterWench Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 10:37pm
post #2 of 30

Why don' t you use the crushed oreos in the filling?

MacsMom Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 10:56pm
post #3 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheButterWench

Why don' t you use the crushed oreos in the filling?

I am going to, but I thought I'd also try them in the cake...

heathercarnold Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:03pm
post #4 of 30

I have never tried this in a cake before, but I have done that with a cheesecake and it turned out good! HTH

Jenn2179 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:07pm
post #5 of 30

I did this a couple of weeks ago. They loved the cake.

dydemus Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:08pm
post #6 of 30

What are you going for by putting them in the cake?
It seems like it might be a weird texture. But I'm VERY sensitive about texture. I think having them in the filling would be good enough. Hmmm.

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:18pm
post #7 of 30

I vote go for it! I made a death by choco cake recently...SO YUMM! In the batter I put choco chips...very nice surprise in each bite.

Bossy Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:24pm
post #8 of 30

It sounds like it might be a yummy delite in every bite!

imagine76 Posted 1 May 2008 , 1:25am
post #9 of 30

it's WONDERFUL! i've been doing that since i was a kid -my friends used to request it. made it last weekend actually! i just used about half a bag of them. you can either wack the heck out of them with a rolling pin or roughly chop w/a knife. just fold them in. makes good cupcakes too! try it. you'll love it!

lanibird Posted 1 May 2008 , 2:25am
post #10 of 30

I bet it would be good. After reading the menu of a cupcake shop that had a Cookies and Cream cupcake with a whole oreo baked in the center, I had to try it myself. The oreo softened a bit, and was so yummy!

frstech Posted 1 May 2008 , 2:40pm
post #11 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanibird

I bet it would be good. After reading the menu of a cupcake shop that had a Cookies and Cream cupcake with a whole oreo baked in the center, I had to try it myself. The oreo softened a bit, and was so yummy!

I sure hope you mentioned this in the ever growing cupcake thread, though it just may put Melvira over the edge!! icon_lol.gif

mbasic Posted 1 May 2008 , 2:51pm
post #12 of 30

There is a great recipe on Oprah's web site -- Outrageous Oreo brownies. The Oreo's are great in the brownies. YUMMMMY! I would imagine that Oreo cookies would be great in cake too! Just leave them in semi-large chunks. If the cookies are reduced to crumbs, you just will not notice them. Now I need some chocolate!

MacsMom Posted 1 May 2008 , 2:53pm
post #13 of 30

Thanks for all of your input!! I will definitely add them to my cake batter. But I'm bummed, after counting out 20 for the filling and 20 for the cake I only have 10 left for me! icon_sad.gif

Melvira Posted 1 May 2008 , 3:20pm
post #14 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by frstech

I sure hope you mentioned this in the ever growing cupcake thread, though it just may put Melvira over the edge!! icon_lol.gif

Oh, that is just SWELL guys!! Pick on the fat pregnant girl!! icon_cry.gif You've been discovered, you can't just sneak off into another thread and make fun of me!! icon_razz.gif And it's not my fault that this baby is already a foodie!!! icon_rolleyes.gif It's ok... I've been seriously jonesing for good stuff lately!

Ok, but seriously, I can control myself around Oreos unless we're talking double stuffs... or those new peanut butter ones. Try using those in a cake. In a chocolate cake. With chocolate peanut butter icing. And maybe I get some on my finger. Well, now I'm gonna have to lick it off. No sense in wasting it. icon_lol.gif

tonedna Posted 1 May 2008 , 3:32pm
post #15 of 30

wow Melvira 32 days to go only...congratulations...
Ednaicon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 1 May 2008 , 3:35pm
post #16 of 30

Thank you! I'm dying! I don't have everything quite ready yet, but I can't wait to hold him! And for his big brother to hold him too!! icon_wink.gif

frstech Posted 1 May 2008 , 3:42pm
post #17 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Quote:
Originally Posted by frstech

Oh, that is just SWELL guys!! Pick on the fat pregnant girl!! icon_cry.gif You've been discovered, you can't just sneak off into another thread and make fun of me!! icon_razz.gif And it's not my fault that this baby is already a foodie!!! icon_rolleyes.gif It's ok... I've been seriously jonesing for good stuff lately!

Ok, but seriously, I can control myself around Oreos unless we're talking double stuffs... or those new peanut butter ones. Try using those in a cake. In a chocolate cake. With chocolate peanut butter icing. And maybe I get some on my finger. Well, now I'm gonna have to lick it off. No sense in wasting it. icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gif

Dang, got caught icon_redface.gif but now you have me licking my fingers just thinking about that combination. I am a peanutbutter nut !! icon_biggrin.gif

aundron Posted 1 May 2008 , 3:43pm
post #18 of 30

I've done it before and I've added the crushed oreos to the BC to use as a filling!!

It's great!!

aswartzw Posted 1 May 2008 , 3:56pm
post #19 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanibird

Oh my gosh! and I'm cutting out sweets in my diet. How could you do this to me? icon_evil.gif Maybe I'll try this combo for my dad's birthday. Noooooo, I really want to try this cupcake!!!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

cupcakemkr Posted 1 May 2008 , 3:59pm
post #20 of 30

Oreos in chocolate cake or vanilla? ...Just trying to get the flavor right for when I imagine myself eating them! Sounds delish either way, but I like the sound of Melvira's peanut butter oreo with peanut butter bc!

((drooling))

MacsMom Posted 1 May 2008 , 4:01pm
post #21 of 30

Not just chocolate cake, but DARK chocolate cake!! icon_biggrin.gif

ashcake Posted 1 May 2008 , 4:08pm
post #22 of 30

heathercarnold: woudl you mind sharing your cheesecake recipe? My husband and I love cheesecake and oreos.

Melvira: That recipe sounds yummy. I'm going to have to try it! Don't feel bad, I can't pass double stuffed oreos. At least you have an excuse...your pregnant! But I might be joining your pregnant train...just waiting to find out...

aundron Posted 1 May 2008 , 4:21pm
post #23 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakemkr

Oreos in chocolate cake or vanilla? ...Just trying to get the flavor right for when I imagine myself eating them! Sounds delish either way, but I like the sound of Melvira's peanut butter oreo with peanut butter bc!

((drooling))

I've used the oreo cookies in chocolate, white, and yellow cake!!

Melvira Posted 1 May 2008 , 4:45pm
post #24 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashcake

But I might be joining your pregnant train...just waiting to find out...

Oh, oh, oh!!! YAY!! Come on... be knocked up!!! WOOT WOOT!

ashcake Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:32pm
post #25 of 30

Well Melvira, I'm not on the pregnant train. :'( A week and a half late, go buy a test, wake up th next morning, and I have a friend. Ugh!

Melvira Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:38pm
post #26 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashcake

Well Melvira, I'm not on the pregnant train. :'( A week and a half late, go buy a test, wake up th next morning, and I have a friend. Ugh!

icon_cry.gif That always happens!!! What is with that?!?! It's like a stress thing or something! Oh well, there is always next month! thumbs_up.gif Keeping my fingers crossed!! icon_cool.gif

MegWinn Posted 6 May 2008 , 4:18pm
post #27 of 30

Ok, this is a going to a strangely mixed post BUT...1.) can you freeze the cupcakes with the whole oreo baked into it? 2.) I am almost 36 weeks pregnant and have been in and out of labor for 3 days now! UGGH! DO you guys recall the character that Tim Conway played in the Carol Burnett Show who shuffled everywhere he went? That is me! OK, I have completely dated myself by talking about the Carol Burnett Show! -Meg

MacsMom Posted 6 May 2008 , 4:20pm
post #28 of 30

It took DH and I six months before we decided to just stop trying - we were going to actively try again in a few months. The minute we made the decision to stop we got preggers! I know it's a stress thing. For our second baby we didn't worry about it all and got preggers the first month.

My best! thumbs_up.gif

ashcake Posted 6 May 2008 , 5:06pm
post #29 of 30

MacsMom first of all, sorry for changing your post some. Have your tried the oreo thing yet? How did it work? Keep me posted.

My husband and I tried for 6 months with our first then gave up and got pregnant. Just thought I might have actually been this time cause I was so late. Were really not trying. Oh well all in God's time.

Marysmom Posted 6 May 2008 , 5:42pm
post #30 of 30

For Sure! Here's a link to a pic from Pillsbury showinig a cookies and cream cake.

http://www.pillsburybaking.com/Recipes/Details.aspx?recipeID=2287

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%