Need Advice....colorflow??

Decorating By lorijom Updated 1 May 2008 , 12:30am by mindywith3boys

lorijom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorijom Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 8:40pm
post #1 of 10

I need advice for the best way to do this picture of Mario to place on fondant. I just want the flat image, I'm thinking colorflow...I'm more of a fru fru girl and haven't done much with images. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks icon_smile.gif
LL

9 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 10

Frozen b'cream transfer; chocolate transfer.
Nothing wrong w/colorflo but it would take longer - needs lots of drying time. The bigger the piece the more chance of breakage icon_sad.gif
If you do go w/cf, do it on plastic wrap; will come off much easier, less chance of breakage.
Being it's going to be on fondant you could try doing it right on the cake. Hard to tell how big you are making this piece.

lorijom Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 9:20pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks Kakeladi, chocolate transfer sounds kind of fun icon_surprised.gif Never tried one...is there a tutorial on CC? I haven't figured out the sizes yet so don't know how big Mario will be.

mindywith3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindywith3boys Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 10:52pm
post #4 of 10

Chocolate transfer is the best way. I think. I did a yoshi cake using CT Here is a link for a tutorial.

http://us.1.p4.geocities.com/heathers_cakes2000/chocolatedemo.html?1109787013625

HTH ~Mindy

lorijom Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:10pm
post #5 of 10

Mindy, thank you sooooo much icon_smile.gif That tutorial is perfect. How far in advance can I make the CT?

lorijom Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:21pm
post #6 of 10

Mindy, that was so funny...I was checking out your yoshi cake and leaving you a comment on it when I got an e-mail that you left a comment on my square wedding cake. icon_lol.gif I think yoshi and friends turned out too cute icon_biggrin.gif

mindywith3boys Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:56pm
post #7 of 10

I think as long as you are using candy melts, you can make it up a few days ahead of time. If you are using actual chocolate it will oxidize. And you will get a white film on your chocolate.

That too funny that we were looking at each others cakes at the same time! icon_lol.gif

~Mindy

mindywith3boys Posted 1 May 2008 , 12:04am
post #8 of 10

Yep, they are all CT. It takes a while though. For the simple fact that when you have that many colors going at once, it a lot of different bags! Keep them warm with a heating pad. Keep it at it's lowest setting, and keep a towel on it. You think you need it warmer, but it will seize up if you get it too warm.

lorijom Posted 1 May 2008 , 12:19am
post #9 of 10

Mindy I hope it's OK if I PM you when I'm working on this project if any questions pop up. Thanks for all your advice icon_smile.gif

mindywith3boys Posted 1 May 2008 , 12:30am
post #10 of 10

Oh sure. Feel free to. The Indian on the graduation cake I made is also a CT. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%