What Kind Of Chocolate For Chocolate Dipped Strawberries??

Decorating By Michellear Updated 30 Apr 2008 , 8:48pm by HerBoudoir

Michellear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michellear Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 8:38pm
post #1 of 2

I have a grooms cake that is due the end of next month. The customer wants chocolate dipped strawberries & I have never dipped fruit before! What do you use to dip them? I know different people use different things, but I would like to get some ideas so I can try them out before the big day! Thank you!

1 reply
HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 2

I make my own dipping chocolate with 2-3 tablespoons of canola oil to about 1 lb of dark chocolate. You can also use "candy melts" or "coverture chocolate" - don't add the canola oil to those.

Your strawberries need to be perfectly dry - any water will make the chocolate "seize". Dip by holding the hulls on the berries.

Line a baking sheet with parchment and put the dipped berries on that - chill to set.

Once they are set, I go back with either white or milk chocolate (small amount) and just drizzle them with a fork dipped into the melted chocolate to make them pretty icon_smile.gif

Do them at the last possible minute and keep in the fridge as long as possilbe, because they don't last very long.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%