Flower Bouquet Were Pretty For Five Min What Happened?

Decorating By dare2bloved Updated 1 May 2008 , 6:44am by dare2bloved

dare2bloved Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 7:42pm
post #1 of 7

I used the mini cupcakes for the flower bouquet and new BC icing I got from CC recipe...the icing was to die for. However, my bouquet looked great for about 5 min and they fell while transport. I used toothpicks. Wht did I do wrong? Any suggestions? icon_confused.gif

6 replies
cupcakemkr Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dare2bloved

I used the mini cupcakes for the flower bouquet and new BC icing I got from CC recipe...the icing was to die for. However, my bouquet looked great for about 5 min and they fell while transport. I used toothpicks. Wht did I do wrong? Any suggestions? icon_confused.gif

The icing fell off cc's or the cc's fell off the picks?

I think the cc's have to be pretty close or touching the styrofoam/foam core you use and the icing should be one with shortening in it to eep it from melting off. Were your cc's cooled completely?

dare2bloved Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 8:52pm
post #3 of 7

yes they were cooled. the cc feel off the styrofoam...maybe I used the wrong styrofoam.. I don't know I am going to try again later...thanks for the response thumbs_up.gif

Peachshortcake Posted 1 May 2008 , 12:19am
post #4 of 7

i found i have to use multipul tooth picks to keep them in the styrofoam

Melvira Posted 1 May 2008 , 12:26am
post #5 of 7

I would use something a little longer than a toothpick and I would put a dab of icing on the underside of the cupcake to stick it to the styro. This should help immensely with stability!

ETA: Sorry, for mini cupcakes a toothpick should be long enough!!!

cambo Posted 1 May 2008 , 12:52am
post #6 of 7

Make sure that the amount of toothpick you're actually sticking into the cupcake is long enough! It should actually be long enough to stick through the cupcake and into the icing.....not to go thru the icing to show....but be barely hidden beneath!

dare2bloved Posted 1 May 2008 , 6:44am
post #7 of 7

thanks guys I will try it again. I think I used the wrong Styrofoam. I will try the icing and add more toothpicks....I let you know how it truns out icon_biggrin.gif [/list]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%