How To Make A Burrito?

Decorating By aprilcake Updated 30 Apr 2008 , 6:03pm by CakeDiva73

aprilcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilcake Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 5:20pm
post #1 of 7

hey all! I am making a graduation cake with the kids passions on it, which include a guitar, bible and a Chipotle burrito. I have NO clue how to make the Chipotle burrito...should I make it flat or 3D or an edible image? its a pretty boring burrito on the outside...all wrapped in a big tortilla and then foil. HELP!

6 replies
cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 5:28pm
post #2 of 7

How about making the burrito 3-D with RKT wrapped in MMF (like a burrito), wrap the bottom half in a silver colored MMF for the timfoil and leave the other half of the burrito showing.

Good luck

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 5:44pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakemkr

How about making the burrito 3-D with RKT wrapped in MMF (like a burrito), wrap the bottom half in a silver colored MMF for the timfoil and leave the other half of the burrito showing.

Good luck

That's basically the advice I was going to offer. You can also make it out of cake in sort of a Devil's Dog shape, too. Just larger and maybe squarer edges as opposed to very rounded.

aprilcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilcake Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 5:48pm
post #4 of 7

sorry but what is RKT? thanks!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 5:53pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilcake

sorry but what is RKT? thanks!

Rice Krispie Treats icon_smile.gif

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 6:01pm
post #6 of 7

This one sounds fun! What about making the cake in a jelly roll pan and then filling with frosting and rolling it up, like one of those log-cakes. Then you could wrap the whole thing in thin fondant acting like the fondant was the tortilla....brush some brown on the edges and put it in the crumpled foil for effect? Make some green icing with chunks of red in it beside a little pile of white icing (for guac and sour cream)....yum, now I am seriously hungry, lol. icon_smile.gif

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 6:03pm
post #7 of 7

Well, cripes.....I just re-read the post and realized it was an embellishment rather then a whole-burrito cake! What about wrapping a Yodel or Ho-Ho - those chocolate twinkie treats? Same size and shape? Good luck - still sounds fun.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%