Any Way To 'dye' Doll Pick's Hair?

Decorating By MaryAtk Updated 1 May 2008 , 5:21am by martmarg

MaryAtk Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 9

Does anyone have any ideas about how to color a doll pick's hair?
icon_smile.gif

I need a red haired doll for a mermaid doll cake. I have the doll pick that came with the WonderMold pan -- she has really dark hair.

I can't find a red haired doll pick and don't have any dolls around my house. Not sure what I should do, I was hoping someone here may have some thoughts! Thanks!

8 replies
kakeladi Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 4:11pm
post #2 of 9

Not sure you could dye it but what I have heard other so is cut off the hair and pipe some on. Not sure you even need to cut it off...maybe just pipe ov er it? HTH

grama_j Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 8:18pm
post #3 of 9

Dod you have a local Thrift Store, or GoodWill Store ? I find a TON of things there......

sgilmer Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 10:14pm
post #4 of 9

I'm not sure how you could turn dark hair red, but when I was in high school, I did a project on elvis presley and we had to do some type of visual aid. Mine was very elaborate and I couldn't find a doll with brown hair to represent his daughter, so I got an old blonde-haired one and colored her hair brown with a marker. If you touched it, your fingers would turn brown, but it didn't change the doll.

4starcakes Posted 1 May 2008 , 3:52am
post #5 of 9

I'm not sure if this will work on the doll hair but it does on human. Turn blonde in to red with Koolaid. Just add a little water to make a paste from the powder and rub into the hair. WEAR GLOVES!

Lil_Belle Posted 1 May 2008 , 4:38am
post #6 of 9

if their hair is like Barbie's hair then no. Their hair is made of little bits of glass. I tried changing one of my dolls hair to green one day and then my mom told me why it wouldn't work. You could just buy a cheap doll and switch heads... icon_smile.gif there, my 2 cents are in icon_biggrin.gif.

tkdnvymom Posted 1 May 2008 , 4:56am
post #7 of 9

How about the color hairspray that they put out during Halloween, you know the kind in a can that washes out (red, green, etc...).

julzs71 Posted 1 May 2008 , 5:04am
post #8 of 9

How about fingernail polish? You could thin it down a little bit with remover.

martmarg Posted 1 May 2008 , 5:21am
post #9 of 9

i don't know if this would work but if you bleach it with hydrogen peroxide and then dye either with red food coloring or some type of paint or red hairspray.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%