Imbc

Decorating By micnmax2003 Updated 30 Apr 2008 , 8:46pm by micnmax2003

micnmax2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micnmax2003 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 3:29pm
post #1 of 6

I made a double batch of IMBC (one to use this past weekend & the other for another cake at the end of next week) and put it in the fridge for later use. I know that I can bring it to room temp & rewhip (w/ paddle of KA) before using it but can I add Kahlua to flavor it??

5 replies
tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 4:53pm
post #2 of 6

It's probably just me, but I have never had good luck reworking the IMBC with a new ingredient after it sat in the fridge overnight........so I don't recommend it as I have ruined a few batches of IMBC and that is time consuming/costly to make again.

mmoonlight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmoonlight Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 5:23pm
post #3 of 6

I've also heard people talking about putting their IMBC in the refrigerator and I tried it the last time I was piping--as my bag got warm from my hand I put it in the fridge and switched with another from the fridge. I had to let that one warm for a few minutes before I could use it and the texture changed a bit--there seemed to be beads of moisture in it and when I squeezed it through the tube the icing came out alternately with beads of moisture, as though it had separated. I figure, had I removed it from the bag and rewhipped it it would have come together again, but that defeats the purpose--which is to have a moderately cool alternate bag to work with when the present starts to melt.

In addition, whenever I chill it overnight and reconstitute it it seems granier. So I try to decorate all right on the spot and then I can refrigerate the whole cake after the decorations are complete.

Still trying hard to master IMBC. I love it and the taste, I just have to figure out how to successfully work it.

micnmax2003 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 7:55pm
post #4 of 6

I have made IMBC in the past and refrigerated it; then brought it to room temp & rewhipped it w/ paddle of KA....I guess my question is can I add Kahlua to IMBC?

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 8:27pm
post #5 of 6

No, I would not add it and have promised myself to do as Mmoonlight suggests, everything in one day.

micnmax2003 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 8:46pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the input...
I have decided to use a Kahlua filling (that was given to me by pjaycakes icon_biggrin.gif ) w/ regular IMBC & choc. ganache.

Marisa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%