Bake Even Cake Strips

Decorating By kimmyboo925 Updated 30 Apr 2008 , 4:53pm by kimmyboo925

kimmyboo925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmyboo925 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 5

Just wondering ... this is my first stacked cake and I am using wilton performance pans. The 14' 10' and 6'.... I am using the core for the middle and the baking strips for the sides... do I have to use two of them to line the outside completly or just the bottom row... ? Help anyone.. please... cake is going in oven ... icon_eek.gif

4 replies
cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 3:18pm
post #2 of 5

one strip around the bottom half works just dandy! thumbs_up.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 4:38pm
post #3 of 5

You should be able to cover any 2" deep pan w/a strip - it shoud be that wide if you bought them. If you are using 'homemade' they should be maybe 6-8" wide, then folded to 2". Not sure what you mean by 'just the bottom row'....
You really don't need heating core in those sizes.
I have baked cakes for 25+ yrs w/o any. You could use a flower nail if you want instead.

kimmyboo925 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 4:50pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

You should be able to cover any 2" deep pan w/a strip - it shoud be that wide if you bought them. If you are using 'homemade' they should be maybe 6-8" wide, then folded to 2". Not sure what you mean by 'just the bottom row'....
You really don't need heating core in those sizes.
I have baked cakes for 25+ yrs w/o any. You could use a flower nail if you want instead.

The cake pans are 3'. The only reason I put the core in was because the directions said to use it. Thank you Ill try the flower nail next time. The strips are wilton and about 1½ inches each that is why I figured to use 2 of them then the whole thing would be covered to bake evenly. But, it worked out perfectly...

kimmyboo925 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 4:53pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakedout

one strip around the bottom half works just dandy! thumbs_up.gif

Thank you soooo much!... for your quick response... It worked perfect!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%