Help Bridezilla!!

Decorating By kcniese Updated 2 May 2008 , 4:30pm by lilyanddayne

kcniese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcniese Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 2:34pm
post #1 of 10

Okay my sister-in-law's sister is getting married and she has been a BRIDEZILLA ever since the ring has been on her finger. Any ways I am suppose to do her shower cake for her in June everything I suggest to my sister-in-law she says I don't know she might not like it. The Bride wants something simple so I said how about cupcakes. My sister-in-law found a cake that has fondant, but we don't know if the bride will go for that. YAAAA!! So does any one have any suggests of a simple bridal shower cake that I could do with either buttercream or fondant..
I think the bride-to-be should just be happy they are giving her a shower after how me she has been to everyone in the wedding!!

9 replies
akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 4:15pm
post #2 of 10

Does she already have a wedding cake style picked out? You could do something similar. Or how about an overall wedding theme that you could take inspiration from?

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 4:35pm
post #3 of 10

What about just a round, with ribbon around the edge to match her wedding colours, maybe a few flowers on top in her colours as well with a simple Congratulations written on there.

kcniese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcniese Posted 1 May 2008 , 4:00pm
post #4 of 10

thankyou for your suggests I think I have an idea the ribbion on the bottom sounds neat and simple.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 May 2008 , 10:35pm
post #5 of 10

Radical thought, but has anyone asked the bride what she wants? icon_eek.gif

Are you getting paid for this? If you are, and after this many "gosh I dont' know!"'s from SIL, I'd lean back and flat out tell her, "If you dont' know what she wants, then neither do I. When you figure it out, let me know." And then I'm done until they come up with a FINAL decision.

I do free wedding cakes as my gift to my nieces/nephews. My rule is: If I get a Bridezilla attitude, YOU get an invoice! So if you're NOT getting paid for this, it sounds like it's time to (a) remind them it's free and they get what they get or (b) tell them to get the cake somewhere else.

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 2 May 2008 , 2:59am
post #6 of 10

I'm inclined to agree with indydebi here. I'd say, whether you're getting paid or not, do the cake however you want! If she's as big a bridezilla as you say, then there's probably nothing you will make that will appease her highness anyway. icon_razz.gif Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 2 May 2008 , 3:19am
post #7 of 10

I do the Duff "method." If you ask me to make it for free, you get NO say. ZIP. You can pick the flavor. icon_biggrin.gif
My best friend wants me to make her wedding cake for free. I told her the conditions. You can tell she's anxious, but her fiance is loving it and has ordered me not to give in! She's getting an amazing cake, though.
I agree with the simple cake and ribbon. Maybe write their names or pipe some rings.

NanaNut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaNut Posted 2 May 2008 , 3:39am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by amia1024

I'm inclined to agree with indydebi here. I'd say, whether you're getting paid or not, do the cake however you want! If she's as big a bridezilla as you say, then there's probably nothing you will make that will appease her highness anyway. icon_razz.gif Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

I agree totally. You will never,,,,,, NEVER be able to tame a bridezilla. And if it is family. I would just quit asking and make what you consider to think simple and elegant. I had the same issue with a old friend from high school.... I ended up just making a 10" round ivory cake ( buttercream) and 1 fondant calla lilly w/ long stem placed along the top. Everyone at the party raved about it and how classy it was, and whether she liked it or not... I think because everyone else was in "love" with it, she was more inclined to be at least in "like" with it and kept her big mouth shut about it.

maggz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggz Posted 2 May 2008 , 3:11pm
post #9 of 10

im not experienced at all with making cakes... i just have a lot of creative ideas stuck in my head waiting to be made. icon_smile.gif so if i were you i would do a simple cake... white fondant... last night i saw on foodnetwork this guy "buddy" on the wedding cake challenge use some kind of dust or something that made the fondant ruffles shine and become more like satin.. i loved it and think maybe if you did a 3 tier cake with some of the satin look and some flowers??? white roses with tints of red, pink or whatever. you have to think of what colors your sister in laws sister likes... and then put them in the cake somehow. i think just a basic cake with some nice features as flowers or... some details as borders. i hope this helps from an unexperienced cake decorator. icon_smile.gif good luck. flowers always work so go with that.

lilyanddayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilyanddayne Posted 2 May 2008 , 4:30pm
post #10 of 10

I would make a doll pick bride cake with horns!
Maybe even a devils pick! Beggars can't be choosers!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%