Banana Flavor Combos

Decorating By AddisCakes Updated 30 Apr 2008 , 4:34am by Boofycakes

AddisCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AddisCakes Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 4:14am
post #1 of 4

I need help! I'm making a cake for my daughters 3rd birthday. The theme is a certain monkey so I thought it would be brilliant to do a banana cake. But I'm not sure what filling or what kind of icing to put with it. It's going to be a 12inch so should I do one layer banana and then filling and then another layer of something else?? Any ideas. I need to start making the cakes on Thursday.

Since it's a kids birthday party I don't want to do grown-up tastes but something the kids would like. I guess as long as it has sugar the kids will like it. icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
trulyjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trulyjulie Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 4:26am
post #2 of 4

I just made 2 banana cakes this weekend with 2 different fillings so they'd be a little different. I used chocolate bettercream for one. For the other I made what I call a banana split cake, everyone loved it. I put pineapple jam for the bottom layer, chocolate syrup for the middle and fresh strawberries with simple syrup for the next.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 4:28am
post #3 of 4

I've done a cake before where one layer was banana and one was chocolate. The filling was a caramel filling, it went great with both cake flavors.

A strawberry filling would be nice with the banana too.

Boofycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Boofycakes Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 4:34am
post #4 of 4

The bakery where I work, fresh strawberries and fresh bananas are our most popular filling choice. If you use banana cake (as in banana flavored cake) cream cheese icing is delicious! I made this for my brother's birthday, and I have another order for it for this weekend! HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%