Cookie Tree - What Do You Think Of This?

Baking By lakaty Updated 30 Apr 2008 , 4:33am by mommycakediva

lakaty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lakaty Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 3:39am
post #1 of 6

I just got an Oriental Trading catalog in the mail and let out a 'yelp' of joy when I saw this 'Lollipop Tree'.

I figure if you bagged the cookies and then stuck the end of the bag through the hole on the tree.

What do you think?? I've no idea how many cookies it could hold.

Ideas/Opinions?????

http://www.orientaltrading.com/application?namespace=browse&origin=searchMain.jsp&event=link.itemDetails&demandPrefix=12&sku=51/72&mode=Searching&erec=0&D=lollipop%2Btree&Ntt=lollipop%2Btree&Ntk=all&Dx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&Ntx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&N=0&sd=Lollipop+Evergreen+Tree

(Wow, that's a long address!)

5 replies
thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 3:52am
post #2 of 6

Ooo...you may have a novel idea there... thumbs_up.gif

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 3:57am
post #3 of 6

It says it holds 444 lollipops, but it's going to depend on how big your cookies are. I would also caution that it doesn't look very sturdy. You might be able to add more support by making an X out of wood or something for the bottom?
I do think it's a great idea though. Let me know how it turns out if you try it.

PS - don't you just love that catalog?

lakaty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lakaty Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 4:03am
post #4 of 6

I too was worried about about it's sturdiness. But then I figured that it probably comes to you flat and you have to fold and assemble it. I figured you could probably figure out a way to put some weight in the bottom(rocks, marbles, etc).

I'd have to see the actual thing and play around with it.

The worst thing about ordering from them is that it costs so much to ship up to Canada(nearly $20). Oh well, I may just have to suck it up icon_smile.gif

CeeTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeeTee Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 4:29am
post #5 of 6

Those cardboard lolipop stands are not sturdy enough to hold cookie pops. They get bogged down under the weight of blow pops. They aren't designed to hold anything heavier than that.

But, you could make something similar out of a block of styrofoam or something else more sturdy?

mommycakediva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommycakediva Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 4:33am
post #6 of 6

Its looks so easy to make! That is what I would do!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%