Need A Cupcake Stand!

Decorating By Uberhipster Updated 30 Apr 2008 , 11:51pm by kentuckyjode

Uberhipster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uberhipster Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 3:15am
post #1 of 5

I have a wedding to do in 3 weeks, and I need a cupcake stand! I can't find much online, let alone anything decent that's under $100. eBay doesn't even really have any!!

Does anyone know how to make a cupcake stand - with tools and not glue? To have 6 tiers (wooden or plexiglass) and a pole running down the middle, how do you assemble that?!

I'd be willing to buy one that's not too expensive... does anyone know where I could find a reasonably priced one?

Thanks your your help!
Jodie

4 replies
mgigglin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgigglin Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 7:21am
post #2 of 5

I did a search here on cupcake stand and there are a few... I'm not sure what type you are looking for but here is one style...

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1197467

Good luck,
Kim

sparklynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklynne Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 8:29am
post #3 of 5

I myself had looked into this a while back. One thing I did for a quick fix without too much fuss was to use a regular cake stand. I taped my decorative paper to the underside of the plexiglass and put my cupcakes on each plexiglass cake plate. It worked out great and the bride seemed very happy with the out come. The bride requested a small cake for the top and the other two tiers held quite a few cupcakes. I have also placed blocks under a piece of fabric at different heights that was one of the brides colors and placed plexi glass plates at the different levels on the blocks and stacked my cupcakes on each plate in a circle radiating out from the center of each plate. Seems to me if you wanted to construct a permanent display for yourself you could cut a piece of ply wood as a square base. Cover it in a neutral color (paint etc. you can also have a piece of plexi glass cut the same measurement as your wood with a hole cut the same measurment as the diameter of the large dowel so you can just slide the plexi glass over to rest on the wood base and pieces and that way you can decorate these however you choose and be able to dishwasher them etc.) center a large diameter dowel and have it screwed into the center of the base. Measure the distance from the base to where you want your next tier to start on the dowel, mark the spot drill a whole through the spot horizontally. Use a smaller dowel that will fit the hole that was drilled and use it as a peg to hold the next tier in place and so on and so forth. Keep in mind to mark the diameter of the large dowel on your 2nd 3rd tier bases so that it will be a good fit when you slide them down to rest on the peg. When you are done and left with just the bare end of the dowel hanging out the top you purchase an attractive decorative drawer pull that has the threaded screw in feature so you can just screw it right into the top and it looks really nice. This is what I would do for a homemade fix on the situation. Hope this helps. Sorry it was so long! icon_redface.gif
Good Luck
sparklynne
Everything's Sparklynne

Uberhipster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uberhipster Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 8:10pm
post #4 of 5

Fantastic suggestion - thank you!!

kentuckyjode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kentuckyjode Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:51pm
post #5 of 5

just found some absolutely beautiful ones for 50$ at Home Goods that would be perfect for a wedding!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%