I'm Always Amazed...

Decorating By suesweet Updated 30 Apr 2008 , 12:44pm by suesweet

suesweet Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 2:57am
post #1 of 4

that people think that they can get a cake for 75 people and not spend over $100 icon_eek.gif. A customer called and wanted a red velvet island themed tier cake (she specifically said, "no sheetcake"). She said she needed betwen 75 and 100 servings. I told her I would send her some pictures I had in mind and a quote based on different designs. She said, "no, you don't need to do that. I trust your judgment. You can be as creative as you want." I'm thinking, GREAT! Then I ask what her budget is and she says she doesn't want to spend over $100. HUH?!? icon_mad.gif

3 replies
veejaytx Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 3:07am
post #2 of 4

Maybe she needs to rethink the sheet cake? Some people always want something for nothing...or at least a lot for very little.

I'm thinking you have to tell her you can't do what she wants for what she wants to pay.

JanH Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 8:02am
post #3 of 4

Unfortunately, another customer who expects a premium flavor and custom decorating at Wal-Mart prices. icon_sad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by veejaytx

I'm thinking you have to tell her you can't do what she wants for what she wants to pay.

So, is she on her way to Wal-Mart for sheet cake, or did she up her budget to get the tiered cake she said she wanted?

suesweet Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 12:44pm
post #4 of 4

OOps. I posted this in the wrong section. Anhoo, Jan, I told her she could either get a 12x18 sheetcake for $120 or get a 50 serving two tier cake for $175. She went with the two tier cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%