Brie Wants This Wedding Cake? Can I Do It?

Decorating By lmn4881 Updated 30 Apr 2008 , 3:53am by lmn4881

lmn4881 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 2:54am
post #1 of 8

This is the picture of the cake abride emailed to me. She just wants to add a third tier and go with a burgundy fondant with ivory royakl icing for the detailing. Is this possible? How would I go about doing this?
Thanks in advance!

7 replies
leily Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 2:57am
post #2 of 8

What exactly are you asking about?

"Is this possible?" I'm not sure if you are talking about the design, the colors of fondant and royal icing, adding the third tier, or if you are asking about your skill?

"How would I go about doing this?" again, not quit sure what you are asking about.

DessertLover Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 3:10am
post #3 of 8

Burgundy fondant for a wedding?! icon_eek.gificon_rolleyes.gif

gscout73 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 3:18am
post #4 of 8

What a beautiful cake design. icon_eek.gif But Burgundy for a wedding??

FromScratch Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 3:19am
post #5 of 8

It's not really a difficult cake to do, but you will need to sure that your piping skills are up to par. The scrolls on the side look like a #3 round and the round protruding parts are probably done with a #102 or 103 petal tip. The small bead border looks liek #2 round and the shells are probably done with a #16 star tip. The flowers on the topare made with royal icing too.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 3:20am
post #6 of 8

I just took a quick look through your gallery at your cakes and I think you have more than enough talent to make this cake! Good luck and don't forget to post a photo. (Just practice scrolls on wax paper, a practice board, paper towel or parchment before actually working on the cake if you've never done it before.)

CakeRN Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 3:20am
post #7 of 8

Well I think you could do it since I noted your "dummy" cake you did in your photo's. You would need to make sure you color all the fondant that you need at the same time so it is all the same color. I would make a dummy cake and then practice on the scroll work on the sides until you feel like it is what you want. Good luck...hope the wedding isn't next week though...

lmn4881 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 3:53am
post #8 of 8

icon_rolleyes.gif The wedding isn't until the end of

I just wanted to make sure you thought i wasn't being optimistic aboutmy skills. I'm sure I can do it,just was second guessing myself for a minute there. thanks for all your kind words and advice and support.

Quote by @%username% on %date%