Cake Support Systems

Lounge By sassyblonde78758 Updated 29 Apr 2008 , 11:20pm by JoAnnB

sassyblonde78758 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 10:16pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone - I am new - My name is Renee and I live in Austin, TX! I found out about this sight from a member named Maurine and she said it was a great site and wow - was she ever right about that! I have been searching through eveything and have not found what I am looking for, so I am going to post it here. If this has been discussed over and over, I am sorry - being new and learning my way around is fun, but overwhelming. I need a cake support system that doesn't cost an arm and a leg that could even be disposable. Any ideas from all of you who have been around a long time? Thank you in advance and I love this website! Renee

2 replies
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 11:19pm
post #2 of 3

Hi Renee! Welcome! I do not use a support system but wanted to say Hi. There are several members who use the SPS (Single Plate System) with great results and no crashes. lol

This was discussed in another thread that I saved - it may help you. JanH is a member who gathers a lot of information for quick reference and JanH actually provided the link in this thread. Maybe some other members will be able to chime in and recommend something else. But I must say that using Dowels & Cardboard rounds is VERY inexpensive and if you do it right, works just as well. Let me know if you have any questions!

JoAnnB Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 11:20pm
post #3 of 3

Welcome to cake central. You can use hollow dowels to support tiers, and covered cardboards under each tier. that is about as inexpensive as it gets.

For the Stress-free support system, it is more expensive but people who have it love it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%