Cake Support Systems

Lounge By sassyblonde78758 Updated 29 Apr 2008 , 11:20pm by JoAnnB

sassyblonde78758 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 10:16pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone - I am new - My name is Renee and I live in Austin, TX! I found out about this sight from a member named Maurine and she said it was a great site and wow - was she ever right about that! I have been searching through eveything and have not found what I am looking for, so I am going to post it here. If this has been discussed over and over, I am sorry - being new and learning my way around is fun, but overwhelming. I need a cake support system that doesn't cost an arm and a leg that could even be disposable. Any ideas from all of you who have been around a long time? Thank you in advance and I love this website! Renee

2 replies
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 11:19pm
post #2 of 3

Hi Renee! Welcome! I do not use a support system but wanted to say Hi. There are several members who use the SPS (Single Plate System) with great results and no crashes. lol

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-584298-sps.html

This was discussed in another thread that I saved - it may help you. JanH is a member who gathers a lot of information for quick reference and JanH actually provided the link in this thread. Maybe some other members will be able to chime in and recommend something else. But I must say that using Dowels & Cardboard rounds is VERY inexpensive and if you do it right, works just as well. Let me know if you have any questions!

Tammi

JoAnnB Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 11:20pm
post #3 of 3

Welcome to cake central. You can use hollow dowels to support tiers, and covered cardboards under each tier. that is about as inexpensive as it gets.

For the Stress-free support system, it is more expensive but people who have it love it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%