Do You Rent Out Your Support System?

Decorating By dtmc Updated 29 Apr 2008 , 11:14pm by JoAnnB

dtmc Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 2

Hi all,

I was just wondering if you all give out your pillars and plates or do you rent them out. I have been using the card board and wooden dowel system for a while and I'm finding it difficult to use as of lately. I woul like to start using the plastic plates and pillars. How do you get them back from a wedding event?

What about your boards? Do you use disposable or plywood? I find it difficult to use the disposable boards because of lately they have been warped and don't hold enough weight. I have purchased wood from Lowes and I had my husband cut down several sizes for me. I then just wrap the boards in contact paper. I just don't know if I would get my boards back. I don't know if it is worth a trip to go and pick up with these gas prices.....

1 reply
JoAnnB Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 11:14pm
post #2 of 2

Your contract should include a deposit for equipment that would include the replacement cost of all the pillars and plates. (and boards)

For bases, wood is good, you can also use foamcore, which is a layers posterboard and styrofoam. For heavy cakes, double the foam core.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%