I Finally Did It!!! I Am Legal!!!

Business By mjcakes Updated 30 Apr 2008 , 4:46pm by mjcakes

mjcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjcakes Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 6

Well, I recently took the plunge and I am now a tax paying, insured business owner. We recently bought a house in which I have my home kitchen licensed, inspected and insured. Nothing special or big, but it's all mine, MJ's Sugar Shack, LLC. It honestly wasn't as bad or as harad as I had thought. I did all of the paperwork myself and paid to sit down with an accountant. I just filed my 1st monthly taxes and I'm praying I did it right!

I have two small kids and I'm finding less and less time to do things, but I am happy it's all paying off. Sleep is overrated, right? icon_biggrin.gif Last wknd I had 13 orders out in one day and I am wondering if I need to hire someone very soon. I would love just a few extra minutes a day to sit down on this site and learn a few things!

I would LOVE some feedback. My website is www.mjs-sugarshack.com
I just realized I have to go and edit my profile so that I am not breaking any policies by putting that there! Sorry if so.

Yay, just want to encourage everyone, it can be done!!!!

5 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 8:04pm
post #2 of 6

congratulations and best of luck!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 6

Congrats! Now go and bake something to celebrate. icon_wink.gif lots and lots of baking for those orders.

luvcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvcakez Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 11:06pm
post #4 of 6

Way to go! God bless

lorijohernandez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorijohernandez Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 12:25am
post #5 of 6

Oh, how exciting!!! I'm looking into building a commercial kitchen in my home, but those plans may take a while icon_smile.gif

Your website is wonderful - very simple, easy to navigate, information presented logically, beautiful photos. I'm impressed. Less is more. I won't even look at websites that are busy and distracting! Yours is perfect.

mjcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjcakes Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 4:46pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you all sooo much for your encouraging feedback!!! I built the site myself and have been crazy busy ever since. I encourage all moms out there to join some sort of mother's groups online in your area. The referrals are great!!! Already, I average 10-20 cakes a week and am getting calls from everywhere in the US...alot finding me online, too. I am contemplating hiring some extra help...maybe an intern froma local culinary school.
Again, thanks for your support!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%