I'm About To Have A Fit Over This (*&(*^ Boot Cake!!!!

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 30 Apr 2008 , 11:03pm by mamacc

wgoat5 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 17

I'm literally gonna have a heart attack.. I have left that darn boot to take a breather about every 3 minutes.. just so I won't have a stroke..

The carving is A major female dog.. and I don't know if I have the capability to do this..

Sorry just venting..

Ok.. breathe in .. breathe out.... breathe in.... breathe out...

16 replies
dragonflydreams Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 17

. . . don't worry beeee happppy icon_smile.gif . . . have another sip o'the moonshine . . .

wgoat5 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 17

I just wanna smack that dragon fly.. LMAO

drgaddy Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 6:15pm
post #4 of 17

OMG, wgoat5, you almost killed me! I was scrolling down, reading the posts, when I read "I just wanna smack that dragon fly.." and I choked on my soda...You made me laugh so hard!!!!! Thank you!

Sorry for your troubles! I will get better NOW!

bobhope Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 6:16pm
post #5 of 17

christi, i feel for you. i have a similar dilemma last week. after reading some posts here on making a doll cake sans the wonder mold, i gave it a try using my mixing bowl (bowl size close to that of the wonder mold).but i just can't carve it to shape that would be proportional to the doll's figure. it was just too bulky around the waist. after much carving, i covered it w/ fondant hoping it will finally look better..but it looked horrible. i took out the fondant & planned to carved it some more. but i was too tired & frustrated, so i decided to just let my family eat the dome shaped raspberry filled chocolate cake icon_lol.gif
...i think i will just have to buy that wonder mold icon_biggrin.gif

cakedout Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 6:16pm
post #6 of 17

Are you using the Wanke Boot stand, or just doin' it all on your own? I did a pair of boots before I even knew someone had made a stand and pattern! icon_confused.gif greeeeeaaaaat! And if I recall, my reaction was pretty much the same!! icon_lol.gif

Hang in there! It WILL work out! And the customer and guests will be in awe!!! thumbs_up.gif

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 6:20pm
post #7 of 17

OMG! they have a Pattern for the boot??? I have a VIC (very important cake) to do for my sis's wedding and the groom wants a pair o boots, what is this pattern you speak of?

poshcakedesigns Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 6:24pm
post #8 of 17

Hi I recently made a pair of boots - It's in my pics. If you like the style I can send you the directions.

wgoat5 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 6:26pm
post #9 of 17

not using a pattern.. nor am I using a stand icon_sad.gif (YEAH WHAT PATTERN? LOL)

In fact it is a HIKING boot they want.. not a cowboy boot.. which I think would be easier to carve...

Ok going back in guys... if ya don't hear from me you know it defeated me.. and I'm crying huddled in the corner somewhere!!! icon_cry.gif

cashley Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 6:54pm
post #10 of 17

poshcakedesigns your boots are wonderful could you send me the directions too....thanks so much

poshcakedesigns Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 7:02pm
post #11 of 17

Oh I'm sorry didn't know you were doing a hiking boot. icon_sad.gif

cakeflake Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 7:04pm
post #12 of 17

Oh you just need one more big gulp of something real strong and maybe an obnoxious neighbor or in-law to smack around a bit- you'll be much more calm once you can get this out of your system. I'm sure this cake is going to turn out great anyways and hey, if not- I'm sure you know someone who needs a boot right in the ole keester! Let em have it! At least it won't be a wasted effort. keep us posted icon_lol.gif

dragonflydreams Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 7:05pm
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

I just wanna smack that dragon fly.. LMAO

aaagghh . . . "I am mortally wounded" . . . says she flopping around like a fish out of water . . . pass the moonshine . . . (for medicinal purposes of course) . . .

. . . how's it goin'??

. . . excuse me now . . . while I go lick my wounds . . . icon_razz.gif

mamacc Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 5:03pm
post #14 of 17

So....what is the main problem that you are having? Maybe we can help...I do a lot of cake carving.

wgoat5 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 5:46pm
post #15 of 17

Courtney.. I made the basic boot shape last night and stuck it back in the freezer... I'm worried about decorating it.. the boot that they want is a hiking boot exactly like the mans boot.. I'll post a pic... I for the life of me can't figure out how to do it! icon_sad.gif I'll post a pic..

wgoat5 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 5:48pm
post #16 of 17

Ok here it is.. in all it's glory the boot picture that is driving me nutty.. now people have tried to help me on covering it but I really am not understanding the layers..
LL

mamacc Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:03pm
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Courtney.. I made the basic boot shape last night and stuck it back in the freezer... I'm worried about decorating it.. the boot that they want is a hiking boot exactly like the mans boot.. I'll post a pic... I for the life of me can't figure out how to do it! icon_sad.gif I'll post a pic..

Well...I usually just look at pictures and wing it. Just take it piece by piece...starting with what you are "sure" about.

I would probably cover the whole thing in the dark brown and then add the big tread on the bottom and then add that gray stripe above the tread on AFTER to hide the seam. Then I'd add on all the little pieces, like the light brown shapes, the laces, etc. If you wanted to do the shoe tongue different, you could just add it on top, or cut away a piece of fondant, or just indent the fondant and add on the tongue piece. Try to take it one thing at at time. Also, sometimes you just have to do a little creative editing.

Good luck!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%