Rich's Bettercream...not Holding Up After Defrost. Help!

Decorating By PhishTech Updated 29 Apr 2008 , 8:16pm by giggysmack

PhishTech Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 5:27pm
post #1 of 5

I have been using the Bettercream (prewhipped and frozen) from Sams for about 8 months now. It worked perfect everytime until the last 3 or 4 cakes I have tried. I do the usual, pull from the freezer the amount I need and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Before applying to cake I smooth in bowl with a spatula a few times and apply but it seems to be soupy. I tried to add color to it last night...just a few drops and it is like it fell apart. REALLY soupy this time.

I have added color before and all is ok. I even tried buying a new bucket thinking maybe I got a bad batch, but same results.

Any ideas? I really love using it for ease and taste. I already have customers who request it regularly so I dont want to dissapoint them by telling them its not available anymore

Any help you can offer would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

4 replies
JoAnnB Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 7:56pm
post #2 of 5

have you tried re-whipping it?

mjarvis78 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 8:03pm
post #3 of 5

The only thing I can think of is to make sure your bowl and whip are extra clean with no butter or anything like that on them.

CakesByLJ Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 8:12pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhishTech

I have been using the Bettercream (prewhipped and frozen) from Sams for about 8 months now. It worked perfect everytime until the last 3 or 4 cakes I have tried. I do the usual, pull from the freezer the amount I need and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Before applying to cake I smooth in bowl with a spatula a few times and apply but it seems to be soupy. I tried to add color to it last night...just a few drops and it is like it fell apart. REALLY soupy this time.

I have added color before and all is ok. I even tried buying a new bucket thinking maybe I got a bad batch, but same results.

Any ideas? I really love using it for ease and taste. I already have customers who request it regularly so I dont want to dissapoint them by telling them its not available anymore

Any help you can offer would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Your timing is so ironic... I have had the same problem with mine.. I got it from Sam's and never had this happen before.. When I whip it up before using it, it literally melts down.. You could beat it forever, but it does not revive it.. I am clueless too.. I have been using bettercream for years, and never had this problem before. Anyone else experience this?

giggysmack Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 8:16pm
post #5 of 5

Probably a bad batch from Rich's. I would call them and ask them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%