Need Recipe For White Chocolate Frosting

Baking By akgirl10 Updated 29 Apr 2008 , 6:15pm by fiddlesticks

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 5:20pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone have a good recipe that is crusting for decorating? I've been playing around with the sugarshack recipe recently, so something along that line would be great, thanks!

7 replies
debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 5:34pm
post #2 of 8

I'm watching this thread now also, this sounds like it would be yummy with the white chocolate cake recipe that's in the recipe section here. I wonder what would happen if you just added melted white chocolate in regular buttercream?????? Sorry , I didn't have a recipe for you, but I'm waiting with you to see if someone has one.

shellzey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellzey Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 5:43pm
post #3 of 8

i don't have anything fancy that i've done. i've done two different things. i've mixed white chocolate pudding mix (just the powder) in with my regular butter cream. i've also melted white chocolate squares and poured that in. people seemed to like both

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 5:50pm
post #4 of 8

I use my moms icing http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6935-3-Joans-Cake-Icing.html and add melted white chocolate (like a cooled ganache) to the frosting and mix. Seems to taste lovely and crusts nicely, too.

linnag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linnag Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 5:51pm
post #5 of 8

I always use this recipe and everyone love it. thumbs_up.gif

Ingredients
⢠1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
⢠1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
⢠3/4 cup cocoa or three 1 oz. unsweetened chocolate squares, melted ( I used white chocolate)
⢠1 teaspoon Clear Vanilla Extract
⢠4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (approx 1 lb.)
⢠3-4 tablespoons milk
⢠Light corn syrup**
Yield: Makes about 3 cups icing.
Directions
1. In large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
2. Add chocolate and vanilla; mix well.
3. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry.
4. Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
5. **Add 3-4 tablespoons light corn syrup per recipe to thin for icing cake, if desired.
Keep icing covered with a damp cloth until ready to use.

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 5:51pm
post #6 of 8

I normally just melt about 6 ounces of white chocolate and mix it in when I'm making my regular buttercream. It takes it a bit longer to crust on the cake but it will and it tastes great. Just make sure that it is completely melted and there are no tiny pieces that have not melted. Learned that the hard way icon_rolleyes.gif The very best white chocolate that I've tried is Peter's. Man that stuff is soooooo good.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 5:58pm
post #7 of 8

Ok , what I was wondering is do we just use bar type chocolate or white chocolate or can you use like the molding stuff to make candy? Merkens?

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 6:15pm
post #8 of 8

The buttercream dream recipe here on CC with melted white choc added to it is just delicious !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%