I Need Help Please! Food Markers And Fondant....

Decorating By LoriMc Updated 29 Apr 2008 , 8:02pm by LoriMc

LoriMc Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 5

Ok, so I bought some Foodoodlers and wanted to write on MMF with them. Everytime I touch the tip of the pen against the fondant it kinda sinks in and catches which doesn't make for very pretty writing! How do you people do this? Does my fondant need to be cold? It seems whenever I use MMF and roll it out, it stretches out of shape when I pick it up. What am I doing wrong and how do you guys keep fondant from streching when you pick it up off the board? Thanks!

4 replies
pjaycakes Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 6:03pm
post #2 of 5

I don't use MMF, so maybe someone that uses it can help you more, but it seems that yours might be a bit to soft. After you put it on the cake let it set for about 30 - 60 minutes to get the top surface dry.

I write on fondant (Satin Ice) all the time with the food writer markers.

KoryAK Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 5

It can help to let it dry out a bit, or if you can place it and then write after dry or cold even better (not always practical). You can do it super soft, just have to be careful. Really light touch, like you are painting or something. Sometimes have to use a down stroke where it would normally be up, not just normal writing.

beachcakes Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 7:45pm
post #4 of 5

Yes, you need to let it dry before writing on it. Are you trying to lift up small pieces? Let those dry a bit too and they won't distort so much.

LoriMc Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 8:02pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks! I'm gonna let it dry for an hour or two before I try to write on it. It's kind of bumpy though from the powdered sugar underneath.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%