White Chocolate Wasc

Decorating By msmanning2 Updated 29 Apr 2008 , 4:54pm by adamt01

msmanning2 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone ever added white chocolate chips/chunks to the WASC? Do they fall to the bottom or do they mix nicely? Same question for melted white chocolate added to the mix? Thanks!

7 replies
sgilmer Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 4:18pm
post #2 of 8

I have added white chocolate to a cake mix before, but I don't remember how much or if I could taste it in the cake. There are some recipes that use finely chopped white chocolate mixed into the batter at the very end. I think you would be able to taste it better this way, but I really don't know. Sorry I couldn't be any more help.

aswartzw Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 4:30pm
post #3 of 8

Maybe toss them in flour? I've never tried this method before but I've read about it here on CC. Now I'm envisioning a white chocolate macadamia cake made with those mixed baking packages they sell in stores. icon_biggrin.gif

tyty Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 8

I've never tried this before, but when I watch cooking shows they dust them in a little flour to keep them from falling to the bottom.

Winter1979 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 4:41pm
post #5 of 8

If you fold in the chips right before you pour them into your pans they will not sink. Never added melted chocolate can't help you there, but I have seen recipes on www.allrecipes.com where they add melted chocolate to the batter.

Amia Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 4:47pm
post #6 of 8

I haven't added melted chocolate to the WASC, but the recipe I use is really good. It's my favorite!

1 box Betty Crocker White Cake Mix
1 small box Jello Brand White Chocolate Instant Pudding
1 1/4 cups milk
1/2 cup canola oil
4 eggs
6 oz. melted white chocolate

msmanning2 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 4:53pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you all! I am hungary for some right now. I think I will try and post my results.

adamt01 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 4:54pm
post #8 of 8

I've made the raspberry white chocolate cake recipe on here before (both with and without the raspberry extract) and OMG!!! It was good both ways. When I made it without the raspberry, i substituted with vanilla extract.

Highly recommended

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%