How Much Is A Stick Of Butter?

Baking By tytyrita Updated 30 Apr 2008 , 10:43am by JanH

tytyrita  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tytyrita Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 3:35pm
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone, i've got to make a carrot cake for the 1st time in a few weeks, found very easy recipes on CC, but have no idea how much to use. The conversion is not of much help either. Fot instance,
how much is a stick of butter, and how much is a cup of flour, sugar and dry ingredients. I am in the UK and we use kilos and pounds.. pls help

4 replies
 akgirl10  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 5:33pm
post #2 of 5

Have you tried looking for a recipe on www.recipezaar.com? The cool thing is that you can change all of the recipes to metric and back with just a click of your mouse! And I've found a lot of recipes there that are also on this site. Good luck!

peanut123  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
 MikeRowesHunny  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 10:29am
post #4 of 5

A stick of butter is 115g. I recommend making your life easier though and going to Asda/Tesco etc, etc and buying yourself a set of measuring cups from the kitchen wares section - they are only £1 or so for the plastic ones and not much more for the metal ones. Then just proceed as per recipe. Good luck!

JanH  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 10:43am
post #5 of 5

AU, UK and American measuring cups & spoons:
(Along with more info than you ever wanted on American cookery weights & measures. Also has conversion calculator.)

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-582763-.html

Wish there were UK & AU measuring cups & spoons available in U.S.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%