Sugar Cookie Recipe

Baking By Hollygb22 Updated 30 Apr 2008 , 12:44pm by Hollygb22

Hollygb22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollygb22 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 11:23pm
post #1 of 7

Just wondering if anyone has a different sugar cookie recipe besides the NFSC.

I've been using NFSC and trying different extracts etc and would like to test run another one.

I do love karen's cookies website. She had her sworn by recipe..has anyone tried it?

6 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 12:03pm
post #2 of 7

I've used Karen's roll-out chocolate chip cookies and loved them! My kids liked them, too. I haven't tried any of her other recipes, but would imagine they'd be winners, too.

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 12:18am
post #3 of 7

I've tried Karen's recipe. Love it. But everyone kept talking about the NFSC so tried that too. And actually, I liked that one better. So thats the one I use now. I like to use raspberry extract. And awhile back, someone told me to use 1 tbsp of one flavor, and 2 tsp. of either vanilla or almond. Excellent. The orange is also good. But I've found that McCormicks Extracts are the best. HTH

daisy114 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisy114 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 12:32am
post #4 of 7

LOVE Karen's recipe! I've never tried the NFSC and don't know if I will because I'm just so happy with how Karen's recipe tastes.

KellJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellJ Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 1:11am
post #5 of 7

I like Penny's recipe. mmmmmm

bigmama1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigmama1961 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 1:24am
post #6 of 7

ok what is NFSC recipe? got to make 50 sugar cookies with sticks for fri. Ive sean the one on kitchen collection have you tried it? witch one his the best? glad you ask the question holly.

Hollygb22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollygb22 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 12:44pm
post #7 of 7

NFSC..its just the no fail sugar cookie recipe. if you search under recipes it'll come up quickly. It's a large recipe and makes a good # of cookies.

I like it best with almond extract. I do find the dough to be a bit dry and have had to add extract liquid (someone posted on this a while back and said it may have to do with measuring vs. weighing the flour?)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%