Metallic Royal Icing

Decorating By celiashea Updated 29 Apr 2008 , 3:32am by cakequeen50

celiashea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
celiashea Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 2

i posted something earlier about piping metallic scrolls and got the adivce to paint over gray icing with a lusterdust vodka mixture....the design is rather intricate and will be done on 100 cookies for a wedding....painting over each design will take forever and it think may turn out a little sloppy. is there not a way to pipe metallic straight from the start in the bag?

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

thanks! icon_confused.gif

1 reply
cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 3:32am
post #2 of 2

I haven't tried this but here is a recipe, not for royal though. I don't think you can get royal metallic without painting it, but maybe this gel will dry. I would experiment first, it wouldn't hurt

I don't remember who on CC it came from:
saw a few posts asking how to make gold and silver for piping.....found this recipe and thought I would share it:

2 ts. Powdered sugar
2 ts. gold silver or metallic dusting powder
clear alcohol
1 ts. piping gel

On a small ceramic plate, mix sugar and dusting powder. Add a few drops of clear alcohol (gin or vodka is suggested) and mix with a small palette knife to create a stiff paste

Add the piping gel, a little at a time, mixing well until the consistency for piping in reached. Use a very small piping bag and tip as needed. The leftovers can be put

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%