twomonkeys Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 12:09pm
post #31 of 53

I like "Piece".

I also like "Piece, Love, and Happiness"

icon_biggrin.gif

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 1:03pm
post #32 of 53

Maybe 1piece? Searched piece o' cake and piece of cake and receied alot of hits. When I think of one piece I don't think of cakes. Nor do i when I think of piece. When I see the logo I do but not when I hear it alone. If you're not in any rush, perhaps you could just try n let it come to you....

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 1:42pm
post #33 of 53

I love how your logo looks! My only thought is that if you get a store, could you put a slice of cake somewhere around/under/over your logo so that people will know it's a bakery? just a thought. I think you are on the right track icon_smile.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 2:07pm
post #34 of 53

Definitely like the logo design even though you say it's just a rough draft! It's attractive, and as mentioned, pulls the brain more toward cake!!

heathercarnold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heathercarnold Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 3:01pm
post #35 of 53

Thank you all! The colors are just for the color, If i go green I will incorporated that in with the logo.
when I open my shop I don't want it just to be a cake shop, I want to have a dessert bar that will serve wine and spiced coffee drinks in the evening. So I want a name that will mix well with both and doesn't just scream cake, but also a cool place to wind down after work.

WendyVA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyVA Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 3:45pm
post #36 of 53

I love the name "Piece" and when I heard it I thought of Peace - and I think it's cool that it implies a piece of cake so it works for a cake business...I didn't have any immediate negative images pop in my head but for those who might maybe you could use a peace sign or psycodelic tye dye type colors and grafitti type font.

I think it's a cool name! icon_smile.gif Very clever, and original!

peardream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peardream Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 4:30pm
post #37 of 53

I love the name "Piece". The logo is cute and simple...
I was thinking "Piece and Love" but just Piece is really unique and memorable.

Maybe you could put a peace sign on top of the cake in your logo so the word has 2 meanings....

snowboarder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowboarder Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 5:25pm
post #38 of 53

I like 'Piece' too. Very urban-modern. icon_smile.gif

Rhienn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhienn Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 8:20pm
post #39 of 53

I love it! The logo and the name. It would totally fly in Seattle. I think the appeal is that it DOES take your mind different places. Play on words, etc.

My shop name is Look Cupcake. And I have a totally sarcastic logo. People seem to love it.[/img]

SophieBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SophieBelle Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 8:33pm
post #40 of 53

I love the name and the fact that it makes you think of different things while being only one short, easy to remember word.

There's a salon here in Jacksonville called "Hair Peace". I always thought that was adorable.

confectionaryperfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionaryperfection Posted 2 May 2008 , 12:17am
post #41 of 53

what about "slice" in stead of piece

OCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OCakes Posted 2 May 2008 , 12:27am
post #42 of 53

How about "Sweeter Escape"? Just kidding... I really like "Piece"! Even though I obviously know it's referring to a "piece" of cake; I'm also associating it with "peace" & how I will feel if I eat some cake or chocolate. I've had a stressful week. If I was driving by right now & saw that title with an obvious "baker" graphic... yum. I would stop in. Good luck with your decision, I know it's SO hard. My brother named mine. I couldn't think straight & he said, "Occasional Cakes, because occasionally you need a cake for an occasion!" I set-up business & THEN got online. There are quite a few "Occasional Cakes"! But there are NO "www.OCakes.com", which is my website, so now people are calling me "OCakes" & even writing it on their checks. But that's cool..... anyway, I say all that in order to give you an example for why you should do some google searching & just make sure there are no similar names in your area. And I do like your original name too! Good luck with your decision!

daisy114 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisy114 Posted 2 May 2008 , 12:27am
post #43 of 53

LOVE your name and the logo!

k_anncookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
k_anncookies Posted 2 May 2008 , 12:53am
post #44 of 53

I think PIECE is an adorable title! And if you have a cute logo beside the name, (like a slice of cake..or something) no one will go to that dark place in their mind and think anything bad! it's short, simple and easy to remember! i love it! It will bring a smile to anyone who sees it!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 2 May 2008 , 5:41am
post #45 of 53

I like your logo a LOT!

heathercarnold Posted 2 May 2008 , 2:13pm
post #46 of 53

Thanks for all the advice, I think I might just have to go for it. Piece continues to grow on me. Maybe I will stick cakery at the end or something, Piece Cakery, or The Piece Bakery.
Thanks again for all the advice!

heathercarnold Posted 6 May 2008 , 8:42pm
post #47 of 53

I have redone the logo and wanted some opinions. Thanks

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 6 May 2008 , 8:58pm
post #48 of 53

That's really cute! I like it. I might make the cake in the background just SLIGHTLY darker, just because it disappears so easily. I do like it though!

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 6 May 2008 , 9:05pm
post #49 of 53

I like it alot! thumbs_up.gif I agree with Melvira though, until I read her response I hadn't even really noticed the cake. icon_lol.gif

allee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allee Posted 6 May 2008 , 9:14pm
post #50 of 53

Love the logo. If you are going for more than cake, I would drop the "cakery". I think it will look awesome w/o it. Either way, I checked on domain names and "piece" .com/.net etc., is already taken, but PieceCakery .com/.net etc., isn't. You can us Networksolutions.com to check for domain names. Either way, use whatever makes YOU happy, after all, it's your "piece"!

Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 6 May 2008 , 11:29pm
post #51 of 53

Ooooweee, baby! I really like that logo!!! thumbs_up.gif Gorgeous green!!!

I agree with what others mentioned. If the cake could be made just a shade or two darker...

Really great job on this though!!!

dessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dessert1st Posted 8 May 2008 , 2:30pm
post #52 of 53

I really like "Piece" alone, no other words added. It leaves you room to grow and expand to many types of desserts. I liked it the first time I read it, no need to let it grow on me at all. I say go for it! Your logo is great, clean & simple. I do agree that the cake design is a little too subtle. Good luck.

elainec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elainec Posted 8 May 2008 , 2:56pm
post #53 of 53

I love the logo and like piece cakery. However, I would have not been enticed to go into a shop named piece.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%