Skyline Cake From A Recent Competition

Decorating By racheycake Updated 30 Apr 2008 , 6:03am by aztomcat

racheycake Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 4

I saw a picture of this cake awhile back and now I can't find it anywhere! icon_cry.gif I already tried a google image search and still can't find it. It was a tiered cake that was done at a competition (i think) so it was probably done by a famous cake designer. I think it was the San Francisco skyline since there was a red bridge replicated on the cake. Oh, and the decorations were all painted on, no fondant. Can anyone help me find the picture of this cake?!? It was sooo amazing!!!!

Thanks!

3 replies
racheycake Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 9:52pm
post #2 of 4

Oh, and it was an artistic version of a skyline - not a realistic model type. Does that make sense?

angienajjar Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 1:23am
post #3 of 4

I believe I saw a show on Ace of Cakes, where a similar cake was done, don't know if its on his website.....check it out....Duff Goldman is the artist, so google it....good luck....don't know anywhere else I have seen that....

aztomcat Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 6:03am
post #4 of 4

It was a baltimore skyline wedding cake. I remember the episode. There was also a golden gate cake.

try this website:
http://www.tv.com/tracking/viewer.html?sls_id=6204&ref_type=101&ref_id=65448&tag=updates;title;0

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%