I Got To Brag...long

Decorating By diamondsonblackvelvet13 Updated 30 Apr 2008 , 12:39am by tyty

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 11

I said I wasn't going to but this is a first and I am SO happy! I think I am on my way to SLOWLY winning over people! So this past Sunday, I did the safari cake (see attached pic). I see the lady who ordered the cake often as she works at a gas station I stop at alot. This lady (DD) and her mother (DM) were having a birthday/ baptism party for her little boy (4 yrs old) . Ok, so her mom decides that she is going to be in charge of the baptism cake and DD in charge of the birthday one. DD of course orders from me (see what samples will do!) DD and DM clashed on the theme and just about everything else but finally got it all squared away!
Soooo I deliver the cake, and had to check out the "competition." The baptism cake is a two tiered BABY (infant) boy blue, basket weave with a little boy praying as the topper. It was a nice looking cake, smooth frosting, level basketweave. But it was well....plain and boring.
DD told me this morning that her mom and everyone absolutley LOVED my cake! Not only was it beautiful and kewl but it tasted good as well. Here's the kicker! NOT ONE slice was eaten out of the other cake but there was nothing left of mine! I am SO happy about that!

I had to share with folks who really understand the importance of this whole thing! Thanks for listening!
LL

10 replies
sweetflowers Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 7:50pm
post #2 of 11

Congratulations to you! Enjoy the feeling that comes of doing a great job. Your cake is really cute!

Parable Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 11

Awwwww congrats on the "win". icon_wink.gif

Cute cake.

mkolmar Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 9:53pm
post #4 of 11

Woo-Hoo! Congrats on a job well done.

indydebi Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 11:55pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsonblackvelvet13

NOT ONE slice was eaten out of the other cake but there was nothing left of mine! I am SO happy about that!

OH YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

adunfag Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 12:09am
post #6 of 11

Congrats, nice cake.

TheButterWench Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 12:20am
post #7 of 11

so, you did the chocolate transfers? I love the Palm Trees to the max!

I wish it was cool enough down here, lol

Hugs on a job well done!

mommycakediva Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 12:29am
post #8 of 11

Very nice cake, you should be proud and excited. I love when I know I just nailed a cake design!

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 12:34am
post #9 of 11

Thank you all SO much! It feels GOOOOOOOD!

Ah-na Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 12:34am
post #10 of 11

Don't you love it when your cakes are obviously better than somebody else's??? It's a guilty pleasure! Very nice cake by the way... thumbs_up.gif

tyty Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 12:39am
post #11 of 11

Very nice cake, love the palm trees. Are those chocolate transfers? Looks like you will be busy. I'm sure the guests will be calling.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%