Liabilty Insurance Question

Business By mjarvis78 Updated 30 Apr 2008 , 4:03am by mjarvis78

mjarvis78 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 8

I live in FL, and I am trying to become legal. I have access to a commerical kitchen, but they require insurance.

Whom do I go to, and what do I ask for? For those renting space, how much is your insurance?

Thanks!

7 replies
authress Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 8

I'm in NY. I pay $527 for one million in liability. It includes a few thousand personal property as well. My actual policy is through National Grange; I know a lot of people use The Hartford. Good luck!

mcook1670 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 8:08pm
post #3 of 8

wld cal different insurance companies and ask if they offer business insurance,and they'll ask you questions about the type of business, what yo want to be covered, the amount of insurance and so on. My brother hasa million dollar policy for his construction company and pays around 600 a year. It's no terrorably expensive

lovetofrost Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 8:16pm
post #4 of 8

i would call a few local insurance agencies and ask for their reccomendations. i used to work for state farm in p'cola. they usually have some othe companies they can recommend if they can't insure you.

indydebi Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 11:53pm
post #5 of 8

Don't you have an insurance agent for your car and your house anyway? Call him. That's what he does. That's what he's there for. thumbs_up.gif

mjarvis78 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 2:59am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Don't you have an insurance agent for your car and your house anyway? Call him. That's what he does. That's what he's there for. thumbs_up.gif

Our home owners insurance is Citizens, which is run through the state of FL. It is very hard for first time home owners to get private insurance. Our Auto is through AAA. I guess I could give them a call. I always thought they were only cars.

indydebi Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 3:08am
post #7 of 8

mj, I wasn't aware Fla had some weird insurance stuff you had to go thru.

Find an Independent Agent ... he will represent a number of different insurance companies and will do the legwork to find you the best deal.

mjarvis78 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 4:03am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

mj, I wasn't aware Fla had some weird insurance stuff you had to go thru.

Find an Independent Agent ... he will represent a number of different insurance companies and will do the legwork to find you the best deal.

Thank You for your help and advice! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%