Square Cake Boards (Cardboard)

Decorating By ncdessertdiva Updated 29 Apr 2008 , 7:12pm by cakebaker1957

ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 11

Does anyone have good site to purchase square cake boards from? I need a few for a wedding cake that I'm doing for May 10th. I've got my drum for the bottom layers but I need the other boards for separators. Any suggestions appreciated!
Thanx,
Leslie

ps I'm in NC so if you know of any local suppliers, I'll gladly send the business their way.
LVH

10 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 7:19pm
post #2 of 11

I use 3/16" foamboard for the upper tiers of my cakes. You can get it at any of the craft stores and at office supply stores.

dharmasfriend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dharmasfriend Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 11

I just always cut mine from a rectangular cake board.

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 7:38pm
post #4 of 11

www.cakedeco.com I think carries them. Do a search for 'board.' If you're a business and can get a wholesale account w/ Bakery Crafts, they have them too.

coffeecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coffeecake Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 7:39pm
post #5 of 11

I have looked and not been able to find anywhere that sells square cake board on line (or in local stores). I have found the square cake drums, but have ended up cutting up rectangles for the cake board.

nancylynwallace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylynwallace Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 7:42pm
post #6 of 11

Here's a cheap way...If you have a print shop in your area, ask them if they have any paper cartons. I work at a print shop and we have tons of spare boxes that we give away. They are nice and thick (use the bottom) and you can use them for square or round cakes....just an idea! icon_lol.gif

Nancy

mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 8:01pm
post #7 of 11

Does anyone actually make squre cardboards? I too cut mine from rectangles, but its such a waste.

coffeecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coffeecake Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 3:21pm
post #8 of 11

I checked and Cake Deco does have them - unfortunately they only have them in packs of 100 !
Darn, if they make them, why donât other people carry them ????

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 3:33pm
post #9 of 11

I always cut mine but I found the ones at Bakery Craft and they are awesome! Pack of 4 or 5. You must have the tax id thing but they are great! Pre wrapped in white "foil". I won't go back to cutting them anymore!

My friend has an account and I get them through her.

mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 4:09pm
post #10 of 11

Anyone in Texas want to split a few packages of these with me?

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 7:12pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncdessertdiva

Does anyone have good site to purchase square cake boards from? I need a few for a wedding cake that I'm doing for May 10th. I've got my drum for the bottom layers but I need the other boards for separators. Any suggestions appreciated!
Thanx,
Leslie

ps I'm in NC so if you know of any local suppliers, I'll gladly send the business their way.
LVH

Dont know if she has them or not try [email protected] She is in NC Im doing a sq in July and im having to cut retangled ones to fit?? Dont want to order any yet

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%