Cake For Baby Who Beat The Odds

Decorating By shel35 Updated 30 Apr 2008 , 5:07am by dragonflydreams

shel35 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 5:42pm
post #1 of 6

I am in need of ideas, photos to help me out. I have been asked to make a 1st birthday cake for a baby boy who will turn 1 soon. His grandmother and mother want a special cake because he is so special. In his first month of life he had 3 heart surgeries and was not supposed to live and now he will be turning one. So any help you can give me would be apprecaited. Thank you.

5 replies
Petit-four Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 7:05pm
post #2 of 6

So great to hear that the little boy is well.

How about a teddy bear with a blankie, with a heart motif on his chest? I don't know how large the cake should be, but the Wilton stand-up bear serves 12.

DianeLM Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 7:25pm
post #3 of 6

I did this cake for a baby who survived brain surgery.

shel35 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 1:54pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks I like both those ideas. Anybody else have any? I want to give the grandmother and mother a few choices to pick from.

KaraCakes Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 5:01am
post #5 of 6

I LOVE the baby with the boxing theme... the boy is A FIGHTER!!!! That is a GREAT idea! You could use this theme in another way if you don't really like this style, but the boxing thing is genius! God bless that little baby, and his family. I have two babies who beat the odds myself, and I know what it means to look into the little face that has come so far.

Good luck, and I hope you post pics of what you choose!

dragonflydreams Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 5:07am
post #6 of 6

. . . I also LOVE the little fighter theme . . . and instead of the bandaid on the "brain" . . . you would of course have 3 bandaids representing the 3 heart surgeries on his "heart" . . . brilliant idea . . . LOVE LOVE LOVE it . . .

Quote by @%username% on %date%