Bank Anniversary

Decorating By nicolesplace Updated 29 Apr 2008 , 5:11pm by diamondsonblackvelvet13

nicolesplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolesplace Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 6

I just got an email from my bank. They have heard that I am opening up my shop soon & would like a cake to celebrate 75 years in our town. I have never done a big "corporate" cake before & am curious about the size. Would I do 2 11x 15 slabs side by side? They also mentioned that they would like something unique. Would a cupcake cake be too much work? How many cupcakes do you think I would need?

5 replies
busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 11:18pm
post #2 of 6

Do you have any idea what they are looking for? I would ask some questions so you have a place to start. You could make coins and cover in luster dust, money bags of fondant (maybe around cupcakes for the shape and size). At least find out how many people they would like to have cake for..........keep us posted. Good Luck!

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 6

How exciting! Perhaps a replica of the building? I suppose servings would be a big factor.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 12:01am
post #4 of 6

Find out how many servings and what the budget and go from there. I think a replica of the building would be fun to do. If it's been updated, see if they have a picture of what it looked like back in the day and do a cake in that image. That would be really neat.

nicolesplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolesplace Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 4:39pm
post #5 of 6

I live in a small town. They are expecting 50 - 75 for the ribbon cutting & are having an "open house" all day. It will be on a friday so their hours are 10-6. Friday means that it will be payday for alot of people so, it will probably be busy.

I was thinking of doing a slab cake for the ribbon cutting and maybe cc's for the remainder of the day. That way, they won't sit out all day & it will save from having a cake sitting on a table totally destroyed from periodic slicing.

I love the idea of coins!! Thank you!!

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 5:11pm
post #6 of 6

I agree with you about the sheet cake. Would look better. For the cupcakes, how about doing a swirl of icing on them topped with coins?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%