Twins B-Day Cake

Decorating By SANZ Updated 29 Apr 2008 , 12:32am by pastrypuffgirl

SANZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SANZ Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:23pm
post #1 of 4

I have a request for a twins b-day whimsy cake in pink & blue. But I'm stuck on if I should do 1 in pink and 1 in blue, then what would the 3rd layer be? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Sanz

3 replies
aandecakedesign Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aandecakedesign Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 4:10pm
post #2 of 4

Maybe you should do each tier pink and blue. the bottom part blue and the pink pouring over. Or visa versa. Ive seen alot of cakes 2 toned. Or do the top pink and bottom blue and the middle to 1/2. Or do all blue with pink accent shapes in fondant. Hope this helped. Like to see it when its done.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 12:21am
post #3 of 4

What if you did the top pink with flowers, butterflies, ladybugs, etc.

The middle tier could be a white picket fence, or if you really wanted to keep with the pink/blue theme, do half pink half blue. Separate with a wavy line and little pink/blue pearls. Or you can do pink and blue checks, or a pink and blue diamond pattern.

The bottom tier do blue, with the snails, grasshoppers, worms, grasshoppers, and crushed chocolate grahams for dirt.

Personally, I would do the fence for the middle and then incorporate your lady bugs/butterflies on the top part, and then your caterpillars/grasshoppers on the bottom.

Hope this gives you an idea.

pastrypuffgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypuffgirl Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 12:32am
post #4 of 4

if you are doing a tiered cake i think it would be cool to divide the cake vertically.. not in a straight line, but a wavy one... so that one side is pink and one is blue, (that way you are dividing the cake and one color won't be more present than the other as it would be if you were doing different tiers in different colors.) then you could decorate the cake in opposing colors or a different color alltogether if you'd like to tie in the sides (like with a white border ect.) just an idea. i don't know if you are planning on using fondant, buttercream, whipped cream etc, because the method of doing this would be different for each. Or you could divide it vertically in a spiral type of line for the look of whimsy. good luck! (ps. i am a twin myself)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%