Butterfinger Filling

Baking By CuteCakeName Updated 1 May 2008 , 3:51pm by thedessertdiva

CuteCakeName Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CuteCakeName Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing a cake for my boss's fiance next week, and she said he definitely wants chocolate cake, and if I can find a way to throw in some Butterfingers, that would be perfect - it's his favorite candy bar. The only "Butterfinger" recipes I can find are using torn up scraps of angel food cake & whipped cream, but I really need a traditional layer cake style. I haven't done a lot of experimenting with recipes yet, but I do love the chocolate version of WASC, so I was planning on using that. Should I just throw in some crushed up candy and hope for the best? Or would you stick with just putting it in the filling? Would you still use almond extract in the recipe or would you change it something less noticeable like vanilla, so it won't "compete"?

4 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 9:07am
post #2 of 5

Have you seen the expanded flavors version of the WASC cake recipe:

http://tinyurl.com/2cu8s4

You can use any cake flavor and complementary flavoring. (For chocolate cake, I would omit the almond flavoring.)

Here's a recipe for a chocolate candy bar cake:
(Thought you could use the frosting for filling.)

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Candy-Bar-Cake/Detail.aspx

I would substitute crushed Butterfingers for the chocolate candy bars and Rich's Bettercreme for the whipping cream. (Although the Rich's is more stable than whipping cream, the cream cheese would require this filling to be refrigerated.)

HTH

something_sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
something_sweet Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:52pm
post #3 of 5

I personally would only add the BF to the filling, but that is up to you, and yes I agree that I would use vanilla extract rather than almond.
You could do a peanut butter filling and add crushed butter finger to it. That would probably bring out the flavor of the BF better if you aren't going to put it in the cake. Good luck!

CuteCakeName Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CuteCakeName Posted 1 May 2008 , 3:19pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks for your help! I think I may go with a peanut butter filling... that would complement it perfectly!

Heather

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 1 May 2008 , 3:51pm
post #5 of 5

My sister makes a good candybar cake, but I bet this can be adaptable to butterfingers...

she makes a box yellow cake, no enhancements, and then lets it cool. Once cooled she crumbles it (think cake balls). She then adds a jar of caramel ice cream topping, crushed candy bars and 8 oz cream cheese and 2 tbsp sugar. She blends this all together, but it is still quite chunky, dont try to go for the cake ball consistency with this. She then bakes her chocolate cake and uses the cake mixture as the filling. She ices it with a whipped topping and then crumbles candy bars all over it.

Yum is not the proper word for this thing!! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%