How To Ship Cookies?

Baking By cookingfor5 Updated 29 Apr 2008 , 2:04pm by smab109

cookingfor5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookingfor5 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 1:16pm
post #1 of 7

I was wondering how you ship cookies. They will be decorated sugar cookies. So far this is what I was thinking. Wrap each in it's own bag. lay bubble wrap between each layer and around the entire box. Any other suggestions would be helpful. I'd like them to arrive safely.

6 replies
yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:07pm
post #2 of 7

I always use a strong container-like a tin, or gift box, etc.. to hold the cookies and then put that inside another box, filled with newspaper, shred, stryrofaom peanuts, etc. to provide as much cushioning as possible.
I am shipping some baby cookies this week and I am using 2 pink photo boxes I got at AC Moore for $1 each. Sometimes tins can be really pricey so I try to think of other things to use.

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:22pm
post #3 of 7

When shipping my cookies, I wrap my cookies indivdually in shrink wrap bags. Then I place several layers of tissue paper in the bottom. I place the cookies in one by one and I put paper shreds between each cookie, on the sides and on the top of the cookies. Lastly, I add more tisse paper to cover all the cookies in the box. After it is pack I usually shake the box to make sure there is no movement inside.

I shipped my cookies to South Florida and everyone of them arrived unbroken. I also have the post office mark the package as fragile and perishable. They are extra careful with those packages.

Hope this helps.

Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:55pm
post #4 of 7

I've shipped cookies twice. Both times not one broke. I actually go info here in a thread about shipping on how to do it. You wrap each cookie individually (mine were favors so they were wrapped in the favor bag with a tag attached) then wrap them in bubble wrap. To further ensure they won't break, I tape them to a large piece of cardboard (as big as will fit in the box without moving. Last time I had ten taped to each layer of cardboard. I fit six layers in so I mailed 60 cookies. I also put a layer of bubble wrap over each layer of cookies then I put the next layer of cardboard with the cookies attached. Do you follow this? As I said, I got this from someone here (sorry, can't remember who) and it works great. Do not be afraid to ship. It does work. Also, I sent them 2 day priority through the post office and it really didn't cost that much.

Good luck!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 11:40pm
post #5 of 7

Lots of bubble wrap, enough that nothing in the box will move. I think that's the key. No jigglng.

bevyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bevyd Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 11:57pm
post #6 of 7

I use popcorn that I pop in my air popcorn machine,no salt or butter.I put a layer of popcorn in the box, then the cookies(plain or decorated, thick&thin etc.) Then another layer of popcorn until all of the cookies are in the box.The plain popcorn does not effect the taste of the cookies and the cookies always arrive unbroken.Try it .

smab109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smab109 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 2:04pm
post #7 of 7

I have never shipped cookies individually wrapped.. I just layer them in a bakers box, paper in between each layer. Put that box in the shipping box and peanuts galore...nothing will move!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%