My Bc Had A Oily Film On It!

Decorating By yummymummy Updated 28 Apr 2008 , 12:38pm by yummymummy

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 10:43am
post #1 of 7

I made mini egg cakes on Friday(picures in the gallery) and they came out cuter than I thought they would! thumbs_up.gif However, I wanted to save one to try on Sun when the customer would be eating them.
I left it on my counter covered in that press and seal wrap and on Sunday I uncovered it and it formed this greasy film on the bc! icon_confused.gif I'm assuming it's from the butter ( I used the crusting bc , viva recipe here on CC). Anyway, I told my customer to keep them refrigerated to help them
stay fresher longer, allthough it wasn't necessary because there was nothing perishable in them. Has this happened to anyone else before?

I'm wondering if it's because I kept it covered and in my kitchen which tends to be a little humid thanks to my dishwasher. I'm just hoping it didn't happen to all of her's!

6 replies
yummymummy Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 11:33am
post #2 of 7

anyone?

alisoncooks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alisoncooks Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 11:51am
post #3 of 7

I don't have a clue about the oil--I'd curious to find out. But your egg cakes are totally cute and must have been time consuming!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 11:54am
post #4 of 7

I'd suspect that the plastic wrap made them too hot/humid in your kitchen which cause the butter to melt a tiny bit. There is no need to wrap cakes. Just cover with a cake dome.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 12:18pm
post #5 of 7

Did you use the new crisco by chance? It can break down. Or, you might have had it sealed to good with the plastic wrap.

Just a guess icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

yummymummy Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 12:19pm
post #6 of 7

I was thinking the same thing leahs. I'm glad the ones for my customer weren't really wrapped air tight! Hopefully she didn't have the same problem.

Thanks alisoncooks! I was up until 11:30 decorating them. Not one of them is alike. I started running out of ideas! I wish I had remembered to take a picture of them before I wrapped the basket in cellphane! icon_rolleyes.gif

yummymummy Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 12:38pm
post #7 of 7

I did use the new crisco! I just bought my first batch of hi-ratio and can't wait to try it! I'm gonna try sugarshacks bc recipe! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%