Help Please I Need Ideas On This One

Decorating By angela35 Updated 28 Apr 2008 , 5:06am by all4cake

angela35 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 2:54am
post #1 of 3

i was asked to do a birthday cake for a lady that is really religouse and husband wants angles on the cake i dont know if i can do angles and i realy need some help!!!!!!!!!

2 replies
Amia Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 4:41am
post #2 of 3

Could you do two angel wings with a halo between? Something like this:

You could also add stars and crosses, or a small bible to sit on top. If she's Catholic, you could make the open book cake with an edible image of a saint/Jesus/Mary with her favorite verse and a gumpaste/fondant rosary.

all4cake Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 5:06am
post #3 of 3

Or you could make them from royal icing by icing parchment cones or waxed paper covered sno-cone cones or even ice cream cones. Pipe the wings onto either waxed paper or parchment paper(they can even be cut out using a leaf cutter from fondant or gumpaste). After all has dried, use royal icing to attach. Oh, yeah, in the mean time, make the head...I would say either from fondant or gumpaste (use royal icing if you would like it to have hair)

Oh oh, if you use the pointy ice cream cones, you could ice them in shortening based buttercream... pipe the arms with medium/stiff buttercream...make the head from buttercream that you've added extra powdered sugar to(rolled buttercream) with medium/stiff buttercream and the leaf tip, pipe the wings pulling them outward to each side

Quote by @%username% on %date%