Could You Cover A Dummy Cake With Play Dough?

Decorating By mcook1670 Updated 28 Apr 2008 , 5:50am by natalka

mcook1670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcook1670 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 2:24am
post #1 of 5

I was wondering if you could cover a dummy cake with play dough? I really hate to cover dummy cakes with fondant just to throw it away. It's a lot of time and money compared to making playdough..just wonderng

4 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 5:16am
post #2 of 5

no reason why not, unless it cracks when it dries. try a small dummy for a test. you should also try a color prone to fade, like lavendar or blue.

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 5:28am
post #3 of 5

Will that Play-do smell dissipate after it dries?

MegWinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MegWinn Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 5:38am
post #4 of 5

It would be cheaper for you to make MMF and cover your dummy with that! I agree, I think the play-do would crack over time. I have 5 little children and I know what left out play-do looks like at my house! Not pretty!

natalka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
natalka Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 5:50am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegWinn

It would be cheaper for you to make MMF and cover your dummy with that! I agree, I think the play-do would crack over time. I have 5 little children and I know what left out play-do looks like at my house! Not pretty!

I agree there, play dough is not pretty after it dries. I think buying bag of marshmellows and powdered sugar is cheeper then play dough.
Check my dummy cake I used marshmellow fondant I made it a day before and covered it the next day.
I hope that makes sence.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1204684

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%