Royal & Buttercream Flowers How Too?

Decorating By katwomen1up Updated 28 Apr 2008 , 2:29am by katwomen1up

katwomen1up Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 1:10am
post #1 of 8

I'm a visual and do kind of person, I need some tutorials on royal Icing and buttercream flowers. Is there a website or a couple of good instruction books that would help me learn how to do these?

Thanks,
Kat

7 replies
TexasSugar Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 1:20am
post #2 of 8

What kind of flowers are you looking for?

You can find some step by steps on the Wilton.com site. Also have you consider any Wilton classes? In C1 you learn the rose, sweet pea and drop flower. C2 you learn royal icing and learn the rose bud, mum, violet, apple blossom, daffodil, pansy, primrose, daisy and Victorian rose. C3 has royal icing flowers using the lily nail. You will do the easter lily, pionsetta, morning glory and petunia.

If you are a visual learner the Wilton classes might be a great idea.

icer101 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 1:30am
post #3 of 8

i agree with everythingTexasSugar says. i have never regretted taking any wilton course. took them all. love all the flowers i learned, and to learn about royal icing and color flow. i am a visual and do person also.

katwomen1up Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 1:30am
post #4 of 8

Thanks, I have learned most of these, the problem is, is that I didn't have time to practice after I learned so I'm stumbling. I want to make a bunch of all different types of flowers, one so I remember how to do them when I need to, and secondly for practice. I take cake classes at a local shop and have learned the flowers but didn't take any notes. icon_sad.gif Now I'm lost.

lovetofrost Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 1:36am
post #5 of 8

I saw lots of videos on youtube i'm sure you could learn some on there. Did you keep any of the books from the classes, I know that helps me alot.

SeriousCakes Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 1:47am
post #6 of 8

Here's mine for roses:

katwomen1up Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 2:06am
post #7 of 8

THANKS lovetofrost and Serious_Cakes!! I forgot all about you tube, I'm on my way to check out you tube and the link as we speek. Visual references are the best.

Thanks again! icon_biggrin.gif

Kat

katwomen1up Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 2:29am
post #8 of 8

Serious Cakes, that was amazing. Can't believe how fast she went. thanks for the tip.

I'm calling it a night.

Thanks,
Kat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%